Thread: Aimpoint on Moss 590? Options??

Aimpoint on Moss 590? Options??

I tried putting an Aimpoint T1 on top of my Moss 590 using what I think is a mossberg factory picatinny rail and then the built in aimpoint mount. I didn't like it because it required me to hold my head too high off the stock to see it because the height over bore due to the rail and mount height.

I want to reconsider this again. Is there any better option? It seems like Aridus only makes a 590 mount for the trijicon RMR which is something I don't have experience with. I've always been an aimpoint fanboy but I'd be willing to consider the trijicon RMR if it's really better.

I have a Magpul stock on my 590 and I think Magpul makes a cheek riser that might be just the ticket. Although there's still some concern it might change the recoil because I'm no longer hugging in as tight because Id be standing differently to be able to look through the aimpoint.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I tried putting an Aimpoint T1 on top of my Moss 590 using what I think is a mossberg factory picatinny rail and then the built in aimpoint mount. I didn't like it because it required me to hold my head too high off the stock to see it because the height over bore due to the rail and mount height.

I want to reconsider this again. Is there any better option? It seems like Aridus only makes a 590 mount for the trijicon RMR which is something I don't have experience with. I've always been an aimpoint fanboy but I'd be willing to consider the trijicon RMR if it's really better.

I have a Magpul stock on my 590 and I think Magpul makes a cheek riser that might be just the ticket. Although there's still some concern it might change the recoil because I'm no longer hugging in as tight because Id be standing differently to be able to look through the aimpoint.
    KE Arms makes a direct Aimpoint micro mount for the 590:

http://www.kearms.com/ke-arms-mount-...sberg-590.aspx

The holosun pistol optics also fit RMR mounts if you decide to go that route.

Either way, the Magpul Shotgun stock is the best shotgun stock out there, especially if you need a higher cheek weld for an optic.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    KE Arms makes a direct Aimpoint micro mount for the 590:

http://www.kearms.com/ke-arms-mount-...sberg-590.aspx

The holosun pistol optics also fit RMR mounts if you decide to go that route.

Either way, the Magpul Shotgun stock is the best shotgun stock out there, especially if you need a higher cheek weld for an optic.
    KE Arms mount looks great! I wonder why aridus said they can't make one work? Maybe it has to do with their rear ghost ring site where that can't work with the magpul sized receiver holes?

Honestly I think I'd rather have one without rear ghost rings and just use the aimpoint body itself as a ghost ring if the battery dies and have a front site on the barrel to index inside the aimpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    KE Arms mount looks great! I wonder why aridus said they can't make one work? Maybe it has to do with their rear ghost ring site where that can't work with the magpul sized receiver holes?

Honestly I think I'd rather have one without rear ghost rings and just use the aimpoint body itself as a ghost ring if the battery dies and have a front site on the barrel to index inside the aimpoint.
    My guess is because the Aridus is lower profile, which does have a part with the rear sight. The KE obviously built up material to work with the hole pattern in the top of mossbergs. The Aridus is solid though, I had the Aimpoint on on my 870 and am bummed that their design can’t work with the 590, but I’ll go to the RMR pattern before trying a different mount. In the meantime I’m putting my Crossfire on the stock rail and ordering the Magpul riser that you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    My guess is because the Aridus is lower profile, which does have a part with the rear sight. The KE obviously built up material to work with the hole pattern in the top of mossbergs. The Aridus is solid though, I had the Aimpoint on on my 870 and am bummed that their design can’t work with the 590, but I’ll go to the RMR pattern before trying a different mount. In the meantime I’m putting my Crossfire on the stock rail and ordering the Magpul riser that you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang so you’d completely switch optics to use the aridus mount, it’s that much better?

I wonder if I should get the aridus 870 T1 mount and have a gunsmith tap new holes in my 590?

User Tag List