Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you thought the war on fat and veganism was just for fun...

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It all leads to soylent green.
    What is soylent green? (I know someone is dying for a chance to yell it out with a meme)

Site Supporter
    On the upside, telling a bunch of spare-tire, .317 Remchesterby-Maggum-toting Fudds that they can't eat that vension backstrap or drink all that Busch Light just might get them out of their Lay-Z-Boys long enough to vote against all those assholes.

I bet human vegetarians/ vegans produce more methane than normal, happy people.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Federal agricultural policies have been affecting what and how we eat for most of the past century. Just follow the money.
    Following the money is the key. The amount of climate change research grant money flowing into universities and think tanks is staggering. Revealing the truth and shutting of the money spigot would end one's employment.

Back in my youthful days, wife and I were vegetarian, until we outgrew that shit. Some things we learned:

Going vegan because you are protesting big box corporate farming practices is legit.

Going vegan to save the environment is not so much. Unless you’re doing it to protest big box farming.

Going local source and shaking hands with the people who raise your chicken, pork, lamb, or beef allows you to have your steak and eat it too. Yum.

We knew some vegans—not crossfitters, though—who were so adamant about the lifestyle that they fed their cats "vegan cat food." As one might imagine, this practice pretty much irreparably fucked up their cats’ health. These were very nice people; capable of earning advanced degrees and running a small business. Proof that veganism, if left unchecked, can fry the brain.

If, after a decade of not eating beef, your first bite of it is at a $300/plate dinner with a course of kobe black cattle, then you know what angels sound like when they sing. That Japanese beef will convert vegans faster than bacon. And bacon is no slouch in that dept, mind. Travel outside of urban USA population centers will convert vegans pretty fast too.

"There are no atheists in foxholes, and no vegans in rural Ireland..."
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Oh, and: that article is tripe.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Oh, and: that article is tripe.
    Not too many vegans in Mexico either, at least I didn't see any in my travels. I did see a lot of people eating Menudo tho. You can get it in any restaurant. Vegan tacos, not so much.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Federal agricultural policies have been affecting what and how we eat for most of the past century. Just follow the money.
    It's why school lunches and offical snacks are crap.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It all leads to soylent green.
    I bet it tatstes like bacon.

Mmmmm.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Not too many vegans in Mexico either, at least I didn't see any in my travels. I did see a lot of people eating Menudo tho. You can get it in any restaurant. Vegan tacos, not so much.
    I just had my first "pork head" taco last week. Tasty! I just pretended all the white stuff was hard-boiled eggs.

Remember, if you limit yourself to major muscle groups, you are only half a carnivore.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List