Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you thought the war on fat and veganism was just for fun...

If you thought the war on fat and veganism was just for fun...

Read between the lines: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/o...=pocket-newtab

20% of Americans need to “change their diet”, because a very poorly calculated result suggest they are responsible for 46% of “food emissions”.

“We don’t know how to get Americans to change their diets. But we’re looking into it.”

I know how they will do it. When you have no choice but to visit the government-run healthcare system, they will know exactly what you eat. Then in the name of the public good, they’ll shop for you and cook for you, and feed you. And if you refuse, we’ll send you off for re-education or to fight a war in Syria.

Make no mistake folks, this is the same line of thinking that makes Urban Dwellers think “Rural People Are Bad”.

I’m not saying that things are going to change, but every American should be wary of pseudo-science like this that seeks to “inform policy”.

I'm not afraid of vegans. I usually put one on the smoker every weekend.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It all leads to soylent green.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm not afraid of vegans. I usually put one on the smoker every weekend.
    I've never met anyone from Vega.
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Read between the lines: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/o...=pocket-newtab

20% of Americans need to “change their diet”, because a very poorly calculated result suggest they are responsible for 46% of “food emissions”.

“We don’t know how to get Americans to change their diets. But we’re looking into it.”

I know how they will do it. When you have no choice but to visit the government-run healthcare system, they will know exactly what you eat. Then in the name of the public good, they’ll shop for you and cook for you, and feed you. And if you refuse, we’ll send you off for re-education or to fight a war in Syria.

Make no mistake folks, this is the same line of thinking that makes Urban Dwellers think “Rural People Are Bad”.

I’m not saying that things are going to change, but every American should be wary of pseudo-science like this that seeks to “inform policy”.
    How much Ripped Fuel have you ingested, Rob?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    I've never met anyone from Vega.
    My brother used to drive one, though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It all leads to soylent green.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Make no mistake, liberals are fascists that want to control every aspect of your life and climate change is an excellent excuse to do just that.
    #RESIST

My newphew told me last year that one of his teachers spent at least 20 minutes preaching to the class how evil meat is and that everyone should switch to "better, totally meatless, lifesfyle." When his father confronted the teacher she admitted as much.

Some people on the left wont be bappy until they can control how everyone lives.

Me? I love meat. God help the idiot who stands between me and a perfectly grilled steak.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Make no mistake, liberals are fascists that want to control every aspect of your life and climate change is an excellent excuse to do just that.
    Federal agricultural policies have been affecting what and how we eat for most of the past century. Just follow the money.

User Tag List