Thread: Glock MOS Slide Swap in Europe

Glock MOS Slide Swap in Europe

Looks like Glock is offering to swap slides for European customers wanting to go to a MOS configuration.

MOS slide

Upgrade for mounting of popular optical sights

The MOS replacement slide is offered for several models* to upgrade your standard slide to a MOS slide. By choosing this option your slide will be exchanged and your weapon serial number stays the same.

Interesting option; would prefer to see them offer MOS slides for sale like SIG does with the 320. But a step in the right direction; wonder if we'll see this offered in the US.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Looks like Glock is offering to swap slides for European customers wanting to go to a MOS configuration.

MOS slide

Upgrade for mounting of popular optical sights

The MOS replacement slide is offered for several models* to upgrade your standard slide to a MOS slide. By choosing this option your slide will be exchanged and your weapon serial number stays the same.

Interesting option; would prefer to see them offer MOS slides for sale like SIG does with the 320. But a step in the right direction; wonder if we'll see this offered in the US.
    Maybe some of our European members can comment more specifically but as I recall in Europe barrels and possibly slides are controlled items the same way receivers or frames are here in the US.

And in some places you can't just buy whatever you want, you have to get a bureaucrat's permission before each and every purchase; and in some cases you may be strictly limited in the type, number, and the purpose.

At the NTI, one German guy showed me his firearms license. It was kind of like a passport, and kind of like a map; it unfolded like a map and had blank pages (for government stamps) like a passport. Every firearm transaction he made had to be pre-approved by a bureaucrat; every purchase and sale he'd ever made was evidenced by a bureaucrat's stamp. He told me that they'd allow him to have two identical guns for each division he was actually shooting (i.e.: IPSC 'Standard'; IPSC 'Open'), but that in order for you to buy new guns (for the same division) they'd make you sell the old ones first (i.e.: to buy new Sig P320X Legions, they'd make you sell your Glock 17s before they'd approve your purchase of the Legions).

I can see how this same-serial-number slide-exchange program would be popular with those guys.

User Tag List