Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safariland red dot holsters — Glock and others

Safariland red dot holsters — Glock and others

OK, we know the Safariland website sucks generally, and “holster finder” search function is particularly bad. However, unless I am missing something, they seem to be the only game in town for a retention holster with a hood that attempts to protect an optic.

For a few years, I have been using this. It is a 6384RDS-6832 Glock 34/35.

Name:  C71F9AD0-D19F-4341-9824-A194F63B55DE.jpg
Views: 3059
Size:  54.1 KB

Here is what it does well. It fits a Glock MOS 17/34/19 with an RMR. Here it is with a direct milled 17 with a RMR.

Name:  C65C2920-1F3D-40FD-AC81-CFC39BEA8E59.jpg
Views: 3846
Size:  30.1 KB

It also worked for my P10F/C with an optic.

Here is what it doesn’t do well. It only partially covers an Acro on a Glock MOS.

Name:  04D5D992-7001-4C47-8DA9-CCDA8DE294D9.jpg
Views: 5270
Size:  31.6 KB

With a MOS with an SRO it works, but with a direct milled SRO, where the optic sits a smidge further forward than the MOS installation, it will not work. Also, with a 34 with a tungsten guide rod, it doesn’t work.

I see that there is a 6390RDS available now. Is that any better, and is there something announced at SHOT that would be worth waiting for?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"The 7TS RDS models for the Glock 17MOS, 19MOS, 34MOS, and 47MOS will be available to order starting March 2020 in SafariSeven Plain Black or FDE Brown finishes for an MSRP ranging from $123.50 to $270.50."

https://www.safariland.com/news-post...-handguns.html

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I see that there is a 6390RDS available now. Is that any better, and is there something announced at SHOT that would be worth waiting for?
    I have both the 6384rds & 6390rds for Glock 34's and I don't see much if any difference. I bought the 6384rds hoping it would fit different than the 6390rds but was disappointed to see it was, as far as I can tell, identical.

I recently bought both a 6390RDS and a 6378RDS for my G19/x300. The holsters themselves are identical with the exception of the location where the nuts to attach it to the holster are located. I have found over the years that the secret sauce (for me) when it comes to perfect holster placement is a 6378 mounted to a UBL. Cheaper than a typical duty rig as well.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I recently bought both a 6390RDS and a 6378RDS for my G19/x300. The holsters themselves are identical with the exception of the location where the nuts to attach it to the holster are located. I have found over the years that the secret sauce (for me) when it comes to perfect holster placement is a 6378 mounted to a UBL. Cheaper than a typical duty rig as well.
    I have that setup, with a QLS attachment, on a training belt. Actually sits a bit lower than I'd like....I like the mid ride UBL height, personally.

ETA: and you're right.....way cheaper than just buying the duty rig version outright.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I have that setup, with a QLS attachment, on a training belt. Actually sits a bit lower than I'd like....I like the mid ride UBL height, personally.

ETA: and you're right.....way cheaper than just buying the duty rig version outright.
    When HolsterOps was being closed down, to clear my pending M&P RDS holster order, they sent me one of those. Meh. I got two correct height ones in and they'll go into service once I get the angled cant brackets from Canada.

M&P 2.0 4.25", left-handed, are numbered: 6390RDS-2222

Quote Originally Posted by runngun View Post
    "The 7TS RDS models for the Glock 17MOS, 19MOS, 34MOS, and 47MOS will be available to order starting March 2020 in SafariSeven Plain Black or FDE Brown finishes for an MSRP ranging from $123.50 to $270.50."

https://www.safariland.com/news-post...-handguns.html
    Are these out yet? Any idea if you can just order the holster body?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Did some chop work on my 6390RDS. It’s gonna be used with a smaller light than the x300 so it was way bigger than necessary. High rise UBL and a BlackboxCustom negative cant plate.

Before chop

Name:  06044B37-EA02-45B5-AD4F-D52EEB085B38.jpeg
Views: 2605
Size:  39.4 KB

Chop 1

Name:  A5691BA5-8416-44AD-8B74-45223AEDA4E4.jpeg
Views: 2606
Size:  41.8 KB

Chop 2

Name:  3240E3AA-DD52-474F-9F85-DB17E0A80BA3.jpeg
Views: 2783
Size:  44.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

What's the consensus on the 6384RDS? Is it worth waiting for the 7TS RDS models? Not quite sure what the new model offers that will be an improvement.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

My 6360RDS fits a G19 MOS/ACRO/TLR1 combo, and the hood closes over the ACRO. It doesn't get much belt time (it was primarily bought as an overly-expensive nightstand solution), but it does have a place for shooting in inclement weather. What I'd like to figure out is how to get the cant to more of a more straight drop and also keep the holster from canting outboard (muzzle end digs into my thigh).

User Tag List