Thread: T3MT malfunction training cartridges

T3MT malfunction training cartridges

https://www.concealedcarry.com/produ...ction-trainer/

Has anyone used these? It seems to be unique in the marketplace. As noted in the videos, it is easy to set up failure to fire malfunctions. Not so easy to set up failures to extract.

Of course none of this training is truly authentic. Knowing that a malfunction is going to occur at some point in the magazine cycle prepares the shooter's mind to expect it. Still, this should work better than anything else.

Probably the best way to use this cartridge would be to mix a round into three or four full mags and then mix them up. Run normal shooting drills using the mixed up mags.

At $25 each they aren't exactly cheap and I'd be afraid of losing the thing during the clearance process.

Anyway has anyone made use of these? How well do they work? Any durability issues?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

This seems a rather 1911-centric problem and a solution to that 1911 problem of Type III malfunctions.

I don't recall either my or my girlfriend's 1911's ever malfunctioning this way. On the other hand, my FM-90 (Argentinian copy of a High Power) does it pretty often if your grip isn't solid enough.

I don't quite understand how this training cartridge works. Do the extra protrusions on the cartridge walls create extra friction so extraction is more likely to fail?

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    This seems a rather 1911-centric problem and a solution to that 1911 problem of Type III malfunctions.
    FPNI (FirstPostNailedIt)

#FPNI
    #RESIST

User Tag List