Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 mags back in stock Now! 2/21/20

Shield Arms S15 mags back in stock Now! 2/21/20

Better hit it if you want in.
    https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Limit of 2

Thanks. Ordered two to try out.

Reliable?

What is the finish and are they corrosion resistant? I am seeing rust on my wife’s 365 mags, which I brluevecsre made by the same vendor as these.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Got my order in, with a mag catch.
    #RESIST

Aaaaand... they gone.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Reliable?
    I’ve watched a bunch of “reviews” on youtube. The ones that were done using decent ammo (i.e., Blazer Brass or better, not Wolf) have been pretty good. If there is an issue, it tends to be failing to lock back on the last round - with early production/silver slide 43X.

I got one mag via the pre-order. Six mags full of a variety of ammo (115, 124, and 147 grains) ran just fine - for what that is worth.

I was able to score two this evening. (Still waiting for the +5 baseplates to come available.). We will see how they run when they arrive.

My JMCK Wing Claw 2.0 for the 43X just shipped today, along with a High Ride AIWB mag pouch so I’ll have a nice little stack of toys to play with shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is the finish and are they corrosion resistant? I am seeing rust on my wife’s 365 mags, which I brluevecsre made by the same vendor as these.
    The finish seems to be a coating/paint of some sort. Hard to say on the corrosion resistance. I suspect that they are much less robust than a Glock mag (but what mag isn’t?) - but likely no more fragile than most stamped metal factory mags - if that makes sense. They could easily be taken for a factory mag in some other brand (S&W, etc.) of pistol. All this based on my sample of one. (And every review I can find where the reviewer actually shoots with the mag.)

Because I shoot mostly Glocks, ARs with PMAgs, and AKs, I tend to treat magazines with all the delicacy of a monkey wrench. These I will be a bit more careful with - simply because they are stamped metal. Well, that, and because they are $40 a throw and will be carry mags assuming no reliability issues appear.

One thing on dealing with rust. A product called Evapo Rust uses some sort of enzymatic process to release rust from metal without messing with the good metal the way naval jelly does. It’s the craziest stuff. Incredible. Works so great, I find myself looking for rusty things to restore. (Amazon has it, as does auto zone.) It only lifts off the rust leaving nice clean metal underneath. That might be the ticket for taking the rust off your mags. One big word of caution. Do NOT use this on any blued surface unless you want to take it down to “the white.” I was trying to take some surface rust off an 870 I got super cheap - there goes the finish. Since blueing is a form of rust, I thought this was a possibility, and sure enough, there it went.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Got my order in, with a mag catch.
    Ditto.

The +5 Baseplates for the S15 mag came back in stock late last night. Still in stock as of this writing, but they are lighter by two. Just in time for the ‘pocklips...

User Tag List