Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smooth trigger for Glock 48 without reducing pre-travel?

I apologize in advance for taking this thread sideways.

I have always changed my G19 and 26 triggers to smooth faced. I have recently got another G19 on a trade and I didn't have a spare smooth trigger, so I installed a serrated one. Went to the range, shot it a bit, looked at the targets, checked my timer, and then realized that I didn't really know why I was changing those triggers all that time.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I apologize in advance for taking this thread sideways.

I have always changed my G19 and 26 triggers to smooth faced. I have recently got another G19 on a trade and I didn't have a spare smooth trigger, so I installed a serrated one. Went to the range, shot it a bit, looked at the targets, checked my timer, and then realized that I didn't really know why I was changing those triggers all that time.
    I positively hate any serrated DA trigger. But striker triggers? DGAF. The travel is so short, I can't tell a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Why would I be joking? You’re taking the trigger face down to the the depth of the deepest groove, and then contouring.

I don’t like kludges, but you do you.
    If you do not feel comfortable with this minor smoothing of the finger grooves Do Not Do It.
    Last edited by JBP55; 02-22-2020 at 01:24 AM.

@DJC the apex trigger is an option. It’s a flat faced trigger shoe. Due to trigger finger sting, I briefly had one in a 43X but found I preferred simply filing down the trigger blade/dingus such that it sits flush with trigger. If you want an apex G48 trigger shoe/bar shoot me a PM you can have mine for cheap. It has ~100 res through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    @DJC the apex trigger is an option. It’s a flat faced trigger shoe. Due to trigger finger sting, I briefly had one in a 43X but found I preferred simply filing down the trigger blade/dingus such that it sits flush with trigger. If you want an apex G48 trigger shoe/bar shoot me a PM you can have mine for cheap. It has ~100 res through it.
    I’m very happy with the Apex kit in my 48.

Good discussion.

I’ve got parts en route from Overwatch (DAT Trigger w bar, NP3 connector, NP3 safety plunger) because I wanted to try that same setup in my G43X (I have an Overwatch Trigger w bar in my G19 game gun. )

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Some guys know that they are going to make it lumpy and asymmetrical. Gotta know your limitations...
    Personal attack
    #RESIST

How about a combination of filling in w/ JBWeld, and then sanding it smooth? The JBW is thin enough consistency that it may not even fill the grooves completely. You would probably need to put tape on the sides of the trigger to keep it from running away while it sets up.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    If you do not feel comfortable with this minor smoothing of the finger grooves Do Not Do It.
    I’m plenty comfortable with doing the smoothing, I’ve done several over the last 25 years of shooting Glocks - but I feel the results are lacking. And trust me, I’m a skilled modelmaker that knows what I’m doing. It’s about the results.

By the way, I saw your original reply... sweet. Bye.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I just swapped all my slim line pistols to the Vicker's Tango Down flat face trigger shoe. I like it a lot. It does nothing to improve the pre travel or anything, slightly shorter reset if you really pay attention to it slowly dry firing and resetting the trigger. It works just fine with a SCD as well.

User Tag List