Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smooth trigger for Glock 48 without reducing pre-travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    No full-auto, but it did increase mag capacity by 721.3%.
    Lol. Gold. Solid gold.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Haven't look at the video yet as I'm at the office but I thought removing the pin in the trigger destroyed the trigger shoe? I know when I removed the G48 trigger, I had to push the pin through the plastic on the other side. Do G17 (smooth) triggers allow you to remove the pin without damaging the shoe? Can you reuse the same pin?

If so, this is an ideal solution. I should have asked here first before forking over $40 for the Vickers.....
    It’s simple:

1. Locate pin on hole side of trigger.
    2. Place trigger pin side up on a mousepad or similar.
    3. Using a small pin punch, tap the exposed end of the pin just enough to dimple the blind side of the trigger shoe. You’re transferring the location, that’s all.
    4. Flip trigger over.
    5. Using a pin vice and small bit, drill a hole in the thin plastic you just dimpled.
    6. Take a straight pin and tap the blind pin out.
    7. Reassemble in reverse.

In a pinch, I’ve even skipped step 5 and just tapped a straight pin into the dimple to push the pin out. In some ways it’s a cleaner method.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

You want to get rid of the trigger face serrations.

Do they not sell sandpaper in your nearest hardware store?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    You want to get rid of the trigger face serrations.

Do they not sell sandpaper in your nearest hardware store?
    I have done this to quite a few and it is the easiest route to go without removing or replacing any parts or spending any money if you already have sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have done this to quite a few and it is the easiest route to go without removing or replacing any parts or spending any money if you already have sandpaper.
    This forum is amazing. A solution that costs $0 and 15 minutes of your time doesn't even get mentioned until now.

What kind of guy doesn't have sandpaper?

I wanted spurless hammers on all my revolvers (four). The cash it would have taken to buy aftermarket hammers or pay someone to do it would have amounted to over $500 easy. Then I realized I have a dremel with cutoff wheels, sanding drums, polishing wheels, and sandpaper in grits from 320 to 2000. Over the span of a week I did them all and they look damned good. Even converted them to DAO.

Basic dude stuff
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-21-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    This forum is amazing. A solution that costs $0 and 15 minutes of your time doesn't even get mentioned until now.

What kind of guy doesn't have sandpaper?

I wanted spurless hammers on all my revolvers (four). The cash it would have taken to buy aftermarket hammers or pay someone to do it would have amounted to over $500 easy. Then I realized I have a dremel with cutoff wheels, sanding drums, polishing wheels, and sandpaper in grits from 320 to 2000. Over the span of a week I did them all and they look damned good.

Basic dude stuff
    Some guys know that they are going to make it lumpy and asymmetrical. Gotta know your limitations...

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Some guys know that they are going to make it lumpy and asymmetrical. Gotta know your limitations...
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    This. Plus, you are thinning the trigger down this way. That was how I put a smooth trigger in my long gone G36 years ago, quite frankly it sucked - and I’m a skilled modelmaker.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This. Plus, you are thinning the trigger down this way.
    I hope you are joking but next chance I get I will measure each.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I hope you are joking but next chance I get I will measure each.
    Why would I be joking? You’re taking the trigger face down to the the depth of the deepest groove, and then contouring.

I don’t like kludges, but you do you.
    Ken

User Tag List