Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Smooth trigger for Glock 48 without reducing pre-travel?

My Overwatch PolyDAT for my Gen 5 19 showed up in the mail today. I was anticipating having to modify it for it to work with my "standard trigger" gadget like Tom mentioned, but it works fine as is and the gadget lays flat. This is a pleasant surprise since my previous experience with one of their metal triggers wouldn't allow the gadget to lay flat.

The PolyDAT may have removed a very very small amount of take up, but since the gadget functionality isn't impeded, I'm not going to mess with modifying it. I'm VERY happy with the feel of the trigger and see absolutely no reason to pay extra for a metal version. I'd actually say the trigger pull on this feels better than the metal version I had before. I've got more on the way for my other 19 and my 48.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Maybe the good people at Overwatch Precision have seen the light and realized that pre-travel reduction is teh stoopid (to use an internetism from a decade or two ago). I should probably buy another and check for myself.
    I think there's a bit of tolerance stacking or whatever it's called baked in. On my two Gen 5 G19s with Overwatch TACs, one of my SCDs lays flush; the other is slightly pushed out, but I can only really tell when the two are side by side.

I can't speak to my 43X or 48 as the SCDs have been out of stock for those models.

Site Supporter
    Apex Tactical trigger, Glock standard connector, Wolff 6LB firing pin spring. Takes out slack, adds positive feedback through press, has firm reset. I wanted a “people management trigger” that eliminated creep and Glock slack. Wanted consistent resistance through break. YMMV.

Semper Paratus,

Steve

Update-

I reached out to TangoDown about the rubbing of the trigger safety. They were VERY responsive. I received a replacement trigger within 2 days and was able to install and test it this weekend. It appears to be functioning correctly (no rubbing when pressed, still blocks trigger when not pressed). I like it.

Some good advice in this thread (also some unnecessarily snarky comments that were ignored). For me, the Vicker's trigger solves a problem that's always plagued me with Glock serrated triggers. It maintains factory pre-travel, is relatively inexpensive, and takes 5 minutes to install. While it's not ideal that the original trigger didn't work for me, TD stood behind their product and provided me with a replacement that works. I'm happy.

Oh, and it works with the SCD....

I’ve now got polymer DAT triggers in 2 gen 5 19s and a 48 and am very pleased with all of them. They all work with SCDs with no modification as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Little late to the discussion- but I’m using the already mentioned Apex flat tigger in several Glocks, including a 43x. I really like it- but for some reason it made the biggest difference in “feel” on the 43x. I’d put one on all my Glocks if I could- but dept. policy prevents that on the ones I use the most. 😞

So what is the “go to trigger for the 43x/48 at this time since they have been out for awhile?

@Tom_Jones does Apex’s trigger play nice with a standard SCD?

Site Supporter
    I have an SSVI TYR in all of my Glocks. I don't like a straight trigger like the APEX, but like the flat face of the SSVI.

User Tag List