Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Smooth trigger for Glock 48 without reducing pre-travel?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I apologize in advance for taking this thread sideways.

I have always changed my G19 and 26 triggers to smooth faced. I have recently got another G19 on a trade and I didn't have a spare smooth trigger, so I installed a serrated one. Went to the range, shot it a bit, looked at the targets, checked my timer, and then realized that I didn't really know why I was changing those triggers all that time.
    Personal foul: inserting actual data into a gear discussion.

15 interweb demerits and a loss of down.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Personal foul: inserting actual data into a gear discussion.

15 interweb demerits and a loss of down.

If I can avoid a sore and/or blistered finger for only shooting ~100 rounds out of these slim frame guns I’m going to do it. I rarely get out to the range, yet I usually shoot double that or more at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I have an SSVI TYR in all of my Glocks. I don't like a straight trigger like the APEX, but like the flat face of the SSVI.
    That trigger is another one I’m considering...

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I have an SSVI TYR in all of my Glocks. I don't like a straight trigger like the APEX, but like the flat face of the SSVI.
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I’ve now got polymer DAT triggers in 2 gen 5 19s and a 48 and am very pleased with all of them. They all work with SCDs with no modification as well.
    So far, from reading the thread, the Overwatch Poly DAT is the only example of someone having multiple of the same model aftermarket triggers that work with a standard SCD and fit flush.

Is there any others where that is the case, like Apex and SSVI? An n of 1 trigger may fit a certain way because of frame tolerances, but if people are consistently seeing an aftermarket trigger work with standard SCDs just like a stock trigger... that would open up a world of potential possibilities that I'd love to know about.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 08-03-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    I have multiple SSVI triggers with SCD and they all sit flush.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Good discussion.

I’ve got parts en route from Overwatch (DAT Trigger w bar, NP3 connector, NP3 safety plunger) because I wanted to try that same setup in my G43X (I have an Overwatch Trigger w bar in my G19 game gun. )
    Just wanted to add to the info in this thread: Although I no longer have this pistol, the SCD I ordered in Feb for my G43X with the Overwatch DAT trigger, did in fact sit flush/flat at the back of the slide,

I have multiple SSVI triggers with SCD and they all sit flush.
    Excellent! I'm curious, what generation of Glocks are you running?

For what it's worth, only aftermarket trigger I have is the Overwatch TAC. Does not sit flush.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 08-05-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Excellent! I'm curious, what generation of Glocks are you running?

For what it's worth, only aftermarket trigger I have is the Overwatch TAC. Does not sit flush.
    4 and 5 plus a 43X.

4 and 5 plus a 43X.
    Nice. I'm gonna start hunting the For Sale part of the forum for an SSVI.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List