Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock factory modular magwell - whoopsie or not?

Glock factory modular magwell - whoopsie or not?

Got a Summer Savings email from Glock and this was featured but the linky no worky. Interesting. Useful? Unknown.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 4.22.21 PM.png
Views: 1364
Size:  94.1 KB
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Here it is, Gen5 full-size frame only

https://store.teamglock.com/glock-modular-magwell.html
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

I've never had any issues whatsoever with speed reloading my Gen 3 and Gen4 Glocks, what with their OEM "narrow" magwell-and the Gen5s come with an integrally flared one from the get-go.

Not saying it's a bad thing, I just question the real need for it...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    Here it is, Gen5 full-size frame only

https://store.teamglock.com/glock-modular-magwell.html

I just ordered one. It ended up being $30 with shipping and tax so I figured it was worth a shot because I don't like any of the other options advisor y fit the 5th gen guns yet.

Cool I guess...

Not sure what the point of that is but its a cheap option for the gen 5's for people that want magwells. I'd break that thing off in my car somewhere after one shift. :P

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I've never had any issues whatsoever with speed reloading my Gen 3 and Gen4 Glocks, what with their OEM "narrow" magwell-and the Gen5s come with an integrally flared one from the get-go.

Not saying it's a bad thing, I just question the real need for it...

Best, Jon
    For 19s I prefer a magwell because they help wedge my hand into the grip.

More pinky pressure results in better recoil control.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    For 19s I prefer a magwell because they help wedge my hand into the grip.

More pinky pressure results in better recoil control.
    Perry much the only reason I bought it. I kept hoping Magpul would come out with theirs for the Gen5 but they haven't and this was cheap I'm I thought I'd give it a try.

Site Supporter
    It's cool that it works with or without the back straps.

Curious to see if it holds up though the Gen 5 has the less need of a magwell than prior generations.

I put one of the MagPul magwells on my RTF2 G17 and I was pretty surprised at the difference. I took it out and without having practiced and emergency reload in more than 6 mos I was faster on the PACT and more consistent than back when I trained it often. Also I've seen a few pics of JSOC Glocks outfitted with T1s in that light mount that attaches to the frame (name escapes me) and they wore magwells of some sort. So some folks see benefits of them.

ETA - ordered one to try out.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-15-2020 at 05:49 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I put one of the MagPul magwells on my RTF2 G17 and I was pretty surprised at the difference. I took it out and without having practiced and emergency reload in more than 6 mos I was faster on the PACT and more consistent than back when I trained it often. Also I've seen a few pics of JSOC Glocks outfitted with T1s in that light mount that attaches to the frame (name escapes me) and they wore magwells of some sort. So some folks see benefits of them.

ETA - ordered one to try out.
    “ALG Six Second Mount”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List