Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smooth trigger for Glock 48 without reducing pre-travel?

Smooth trigger for Glock 48 without reducing pre-travel?

I'm looking to swap out the serrated trigger on a Glock 48 for some iteration without serrations. Don't really care if it's a flat trigger or curved. It just needs to be smooth-faced AND not reduce pre-travel from factory specs.

I just installed a Vickers Tactical Carry Trigger as it sounded ideal. Unfortunately, I'm getting a ton of drag from the rear tab of the trigger safety. No way it will work without modification, and modifying a safety component just doesn't sit right with me.

Best option?

Following with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    I just installed a Vickers Tactical Carry Trigger ... I'm getting a ton of drag from the rear tab of the trigger safety. No way it will work without modification, and modifying a safety component just doesn't sit right with me.
    Exactly my experience with drag from the tab, this on a Gen 5 G26.

I whittled down the trigger safety rear tab the tiniest bit, but it still doesn't feel consistent, and I share your concern about a CCW gun with a personally-modified safety feature.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I whittled down the trigger safety rear tab the tiniest bit...
    I see your forum handle is aptly chosen.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm looking to swap out the serrated trigger on a Glock 48 for some iteration without serrations. Don't really care if it's a flat trigger or curved. It just needs to be smooth-faced AND not reduce pre-travel from factory specs.

I just installed a Vickers Tactical Carry Trigger as it sounded ideal. Unfortunately, I'm getting a ton of drag from the rear tab of the trigger safety. No way it will work without modification, and modifying a safety component just doesn't sit right with me.

Best option?
    Buy a full size (19/17) trigger bar with a smooth face trigger. Remove the trigger from the bar of the 48, replace with smooth trigger.
    I did this using the below video which is Johnny Glock. I am not an armorer.......

https://youtu.be/4oXnQP85v64

Best option?
    Press out the pin and sub the smooth shoe from a 17 trigger bar. Easy peasy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    While the Overwatch Precision triggers reduce pre-travel, it only takes a few minutes with a needle file to put all the pre-travel back — it’s especially easy/fast to do with the polymer version. I modified a couple of the ones I had laying around and sent them to @LittleLebowski and he seems to like them.
    Does that then work with the standard SCD?

Yes. That’s the reason I modified them.
    Cool. If LL's haven't gone full-auto or anything like that yet, I will look into it.

Haven't look at the video yet as I'm at the office but I thought removing the pin in the trigger destroyed the trigger shoe? I know when I removed the G48 trigger, I had to push the pin through the plastic on the other side. Do G17 (smooth) triggers allow you to remove the pin without damaging the shoe? Can you reuse the same pin?

If so, this is an ideal solution. I should have asked here first before forking over $40 for the Vickers.....

While the Overwatch Precision triggers reduce pre-travel, it only takes a few minutes with a needle file to put all the pre-travel back — it’s especially easy/fast to do with the polymer version. I modified a couple of the ones I had laying around and sent them to @LittleLebowski and he seems to like them.
    Any chance you could share details on how to accomplish that? That has been the only thing keeping me from swapping all of my Glocks to that trigger.

User Tag List