Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smooth trigger for Glock 48 without reducing pre-travel?

Smooth trigger for Glock 48 without reducing pre-travel?

I'm looking to swap out the serrated trigger on a Glock 48 for some iteration without serrations. Don't really care if it's a flat trigger or curved. It just needs to be smooth-faced AND not reduce pre-travel from factory specs.

I just installed a Vickers Tactical Carry Trigger as it sounded ideal. Unfortunately, I'm getting a ton of drag from the rear tab of the trigger safety. No way it will work without modification, and modifying a safety component just doesn't sit right with me.

Best option?

Following with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    I just installed a Vickers Tactical Carry Trigger ... I'm getting a ton of drag from the rear tab of the trigger safety. No way it will work without modification, and modifying a safety component just doesn't sit right with me.
    Exactly my experience with drag from the tab, this on a Gen 5 G26.

I whittled down the trigger safety rear tab the tiniest bit, but it still doesn't feel consistent, and I share your concern about a CCW gun with a personally-modified safety feature.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I whittled down the trigger safety rear tab the tiniest bit...
    I see your forum handle is aptly chosen.
    Dare to speak the truth

Site Supporter
    While the Overwatch Precision triggers reduce pre-travel, it only takes a few minutes with a needle file to put all the pre-travel back ó itís especially easy/fast to do with the polymer version. I modified a couple of the ones I had laying around and sent them to @LittleLebowski and he seems to like them.

I'm looking to swap out the serrated trigger on a Glock 48 for some iteration without serrations. Don't really care if it's a flat trigger or curved. It just needs to be smooth-faced AND not reduce pre-travel from factory specs.

I just installed a Vickers Tactical Carry Trigger as it sounded ideal. Unfortunately, I'm getting a ton of drag from the rear tab of the trigger safety. No way it will work without modification, and modifying a safety component just doesn't sit right with me.

Best option?
    Buy a full size (19/17) trigger bar with a smooth face trigger. Remove the trigger from the bar of the 48, replace with smooth trigger.
    I did this using the below video which is Johnny Glock. I am not an armorer.......

https://youtu.be/4oXnQP85v64

Site Supporter

Best option?
    Press out the pin and sub the smooth shoe from a 17 trigger bar. Easy peasy.
    Ken

BBI: ...Ēyou better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weirdĒ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    While the Overwatch Precision triggers reduce pre-travel, it only takes a few minutes with a needle file to put all the pre-travel back ó itís especially easy/fast to do with the polymer version. I modified a couple of the ones I had laying around and sent them to @LittleLebowski and he seems to like them.
    Does that then work with the standard SCD?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Does that then work with the standard SCD?
    Yes. Thatís the reason I modified them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Yes. Thatís the reason I modified them.
    Cool. If LL's haven't gone full-auto or anything like that yet, I will look into it.

User Tag List