Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lots of conceal carry questions...

Site Supporter
    I almost never unholster the pistol for administrative handling while carrying. If I have to leave the pistol in the car, the pistol and holster come off my belt together and get locked in the glove box together. Pistol stays in the holster.

I don't have any sort of car safe, but two car seats in the back and a toy or two on the floor seem to be a pretty good deterrent.

AIWB is much much more comfortable to me than IWB. It's also easier to reach the pistol if you do need to remove it.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    In an active shooter situation, your job is NOT to hunt down the bad man. Your job is to quickly get you and yours out of the danger area.
    I'm not sure why some people like you think they know what others should or shouldn't do in this situation.

All I will say is this, if my family is with me I will take the same action you think we all should. If they are not, I will do what you think I shouldn't.

Banned
    The only thing that I would add to this is very Denver Specific.

As someone has already posted Colorado State Law allows you to have a gun in your car on school property as long as the gun stays in the car.

BUT Denver is a "Home Rule" city which means they reserve the right to override the State on certain laws and they have the legal authority to do so.

So if your kids go to school in the Denver metro area make you you check the city ordnance.

Site Supporter
    Always IWB or pocket or ankle carry if carrying multiples.

I never remove the gun, I’m too stupid not to leave it somewhere and have small kids. I arm up when I leave the house and disarm when I return.

Rare case, the gun remains in the holster. Lock box in the vehicle there are many options. I custom bolted mine to the car.

Concealed is concealed.

Get through 40 to 100 hours of training, live fire once a month, dry practice several times a week. Your biggest expense should be training ammo.

If you are not physically healthy or mobile or strong, I’d work on that with more vigor then firearms training/practice.

1) Yes. But the holster choice makes a world of difference. Leather is much more comfortable. There is no secret beside trial and error.

2) Temporary security. A Gun Vault lock box that is cabled to the passenger seat frame of my vehicle. Though I avoid administrative handling if at all possible.

3) I usually carry a reload. As much for malfunctions with semis as a desire for extra ammo. My two main weapons are 1911s and revolvers. I’m starting somewhere between 5 and 9 rounds of capacity, a reload is adviseable.

4) If you are in a situation where you must regularly administratively handle a firearm, the revolver shines in this role. Being able to quickly load and unload the gun quietly, with minimal motions, and even by feel. I can load and unload a semi by feel, but it is certainly easier with a revolver.

4b) If you are vehicle bound a lot, a shoulder holster has distinct access and comfort advantages.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I'm not sure why some people like you think they know what others should or shouldn't do in this situation.

All I will say is this, if my family is with me I will take the same action you think we all should. If they are not, I will do what you think I shouldn't.
    I am open to the idea that it may be hubris. I don't mind diasagreement, and in the moment everyone will have to take the decision that they believe is best.

We are just two dudes on the internet, we don't know each other, and my opinion on this, or anything else we discuss is worth exactly what you paid for it. I have a wife of 25+ years and three teens at home, so I offer lots of opinions that don't get paid much attention to.

Sorry if I irritated you, I offered an opinion based on my training and experience. The fact that you have considered the situation and have a conclusion that you like is gratifying, even if we have different opinions.

I hope you have a pleasant day, and I look forward to continuing to read your posts.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I am open to the idea that it may be hubris. I don't mind diasagreement, and in the moment everyone will have to take the decision that they believe is best.

We are just two dudes on the internet, we don't know each other, and my opinion on this, or anything else we discuss is worth exactly what you paid for it. I have a wife of 25+ years and three teens at home, so I offer lots of opinions that don't get paid much attention to.

Sorry if I irritated you, I offered an opinion based on my training and experience. The fact that you have considered the situation and have a conclusion that you like is gratifying, even if we have different opinions.

I hope you have a pleasant day, and I look forward to continuing to read your posts.

pat
    I respect your choices, your life situation is uniquely yours. But please don't present those choices as the ones we all should make.

If you had given some context (I have a wife of 25+ years and three teens at home), I probably would have said nothing at all.

Thanks for replies.

Appreciate the info and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have a console safe that fits the gun and holster, if I need to go in a nonpermissive environment, like a Federal building.
    If I move the gun off body I typically do so before I arrive at where I am going to be leaving the car.

User Tag List