Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 640-1 advice

Deleted
    Last edited by Moonshot; 02-24-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Ok, the -1 I was hoping to buy may be off the market. The person who is selling it told me he is having second thoughts and he may decide to keep it. I should know more in a few days.

If the deal falls through I’m still left with the goal of wanting a round that will pass the FBI auto glass standards. At this point, I am left with relying on my Federal WCs or my 135 gr GDs.

Not really a bad set of options either way.

I'm late to the party, but if I were going to spend that kind of money (which I'm about to) I would buy a new 640 Pro, and get an all steel gun with no lock and usable sights.

Another month or two of decent book sales and I'll be ordering one.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm late to the party, but if I were going to spend that kind of money (which I'm about to) I would buy a new 640 Pro, and get an all steel gun with no lock and usable sights.

Another month or two of decent book sales and I'll be ordering one.
    For what is worth, the sights on the 640-1's are perfectly serviceable. They have the 1/8 inch ramp and not the skinny 1/10 inch of the older J's. A little finger nail polish on the front and blacken the rear notch with a sharpie and they're darn right friendly for a J frame. The big question is what load they're zeroed to, if any. The Pro's are supposed to have similar issues.

User Tag List