Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig Sauer 227 Nitron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    I keep thinking I should buy one.

A P227 carry was probably the first project I worked on at SIG when I was testing.

I hanger no love of .45 and little interest in classic SIGs but I should buy a P227 at some point. Really sucks they didn't release it 20 years earlier.

You worked at SIG?

Site Supporter
    For those of us that HATE the E2 grips, Hogue now has more conventional G-10 and hardwood grips for the P227.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    You worked at SIG?
    I worked in engineering testing from 2012-2014.

I know I'm nit super prolific here, but I've alluded to it a few times. I was involved in several really projects, while I understand how toxic the company is and where their shortfalls are, I still really believe in them.

The fact is, I WANT to hate them. But I can't because of their product offerings and catalog. I've been looking for a reason to hate them but unfortunately I still believe in them.
    Last edited by tcba_joe; 02-22-2020 at 10:16 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Get the Legion, I think the beavertail on the regular P220 is a little to shallow and sharp. Gives me some issues with the web of my hand getting stuck on the beavertail during the draw.
    The German P220 beavertail was pretty exaggerated. In the process of productionizing the frame in the US for the 10mm guns, it was redesigned and the beavertail was reduced. This allows long-slide models like the Super Match to fit in the IDPA box. German-produced Super Match guns will not fit due to the excessive beavertail.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    I worked in engineering testing from 2012-2014.

I know I'm nit super prolific here, but I've alluded to it a few times. I was involved in several really projects, while I understand how toxic the company is and where their shortfalls are, I still really believe in them.

The fact is, I WANT to hate them. But I can't because of their product offerings and catalog. I've been looking for a reason to hate them but unfortunately I still believe in them.
    Thank you for your insight. Obviously I didn’t work for them, but I don’t want to hate them and I want to believe in them. I just can’t.

That said, if the P250 was still a in production gun, I would probably carry one. Also the P220 always seemed easy to shoot well with.

Hell even the P239 still appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you for your insight. Obviously I didn’t work for them, but I don’t want to hate them and I want to believe in them. I just can’t.

That said, if the P250 was still a in production gun, I would probably carry one. Also the P220 always seemed easy to shoot well with.

Hell even the P239 still appeals to me.
    Honestly. You're a market outlier,the P250 probably shouldn't have been a thing although it was an incredibly accurate and reliable thing (gen2). DAO Jjst isn't a good market strategy.

Ill be honest, P-F is incredibly switched on, but it would be a terrible market survey for manufacturers.

I'd have a P365XL on my waist right now if the action was a P250 action.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The German P220 beavertail was pretty exaggerated. In the process of productionizing the frame in the US for the 10mm guns, it was redesigned and the beavertail was reduced. This allows long-slide models like the Super Match to fit in the IDPA box. German-produced Super Match guns will not fit due to the excessive beavertail.
    Interesting. Thank you for the info, I will need to keep my out for a better P220.

I personally don't see the need for a beavertail on classic Sigs. They just put it on a lot of guns that have other desirable features.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List