Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer 227 Nitron

Sig Sauer 227 Nitron

Found one online ordered it and took it to the range
    Some people still own and shoot 45's

Fired 310 rounds

100 rounds of my reloads..Nosler 185 grain jhp ..
    Titegroup powder .. Winchester Large Pistol Primers.

150 Rounds of Remington UMC 185 Grain FMJ
    50 Rounds Nosler 230 Grain Match Grade Ammo :
    10 Rounds of Hornady Critical Duty
    Zero Malfunctions.

Ran the new version of the FBI Pistol Qualification..
    scored 46 out of 50. The stock sights where hard for me to pick up fast.
    Going to put some TFX pros on it next week.

Ran the test used the Hornady Critical Duty .. scored a 90 in 8 1/2 seconds Nothing great but with the new sights I should do better.
    I am nothing special when timed. Slow fire on a good day I am ok.

25 yards Slow Fire 5 Rounds where in DA the rest in single action.
    Name:  20200221_041533.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  21.7 KB

25 yards 3x5 Card; took a few times but finally put 5 in a row on it.
    I fired another one and just barely touched the edge.
    Name:  20200221_041548.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  15.0 KB
    I like the 227 and happy with the purchase.

I had a 227 and loved the checkering and improved undercut but for some reason I struggled to shoot it as well as my other P-Series guns, especially compared to the 220.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I love me some P220 and would probably have a couple P227s if anybody made a grip for them that didn't include that E2-style strangulation-like reduction at the top.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I love me some P220 and would probably have a couple P227s if anybody made a grip for them that didn't include that E2-style strangulation-like reduction at the top.
    I had one and ended up trading it straight across for a P220 Elite with a few extra mags. It's not that I didn't like the P227, it's that I didn't see the point of the extra logistics of magazines for two more rounds when I already had plenty o' P220 mags. It just simplified things for me.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Still have a P227 tactical but barely shoot it. My preference is for The forward swept grip angle of the P220, and since 45acp for me is limited to fun at the range the capacity thing is not relevant. The P220 mags fit into 1911 mag carriers which is convenient.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This ^^^^

Do you guys think the 220 Legion is worth getting ? or just a regular 220 ?
    I like my HK 45's but this 227 has me hooked on the Sigs in 45.

Get the Legion, I think the beavertail on the regular P220 is a little to shallow and sharp. Gives me some issues with the web of my hand getting stuck on the beavertail during the draw.

By the way, my P220 shoots 230 grain WWB into tiny little groups, I think it is the most accurate gun I own.

can't speak about every part of the US, but here behind iron curtain (massachusetts), used P220's can be had for under $600. while the legions have some nice features, they're not worth such an enormous price difference. I'm not going to comment on Sig as a company other than to say I prefer not contributing to their revenue.

I keep thinking I should buy one.

A P227 carry was probably the first project I worked on at SIG when I was testing.

I hanger no love of .45 and little interest in classic SIGs but I should buy a P227 at some point. Really sucks they didn't release it 20 years earlier.

User Tag List