Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Gallagher Interview

He was acquitted only because they royally eff’d up the trial. He should be in jail.

Deleted.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    He was acquitted only because they royally eff’d up the trial. He should be in jail.
    I'm not sure you understand our adversarial form of justice. If "they royally eff'd up the trial" the accused ipso facto gets to go free. If the prosecution can't prove the case, you're acquitted. The burden of proof is on the state.

Being acquitted and being innocent are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I'm not sure you understand our adversarial form of justice. If "they royally eff'd up the trial" the accused ipso facto gets to go free. If the prosecution can't prove the case, you're acquitted. The burden of proof is on the state.
    I think he understands that, John. The point of his post was very obvious to me that he feels Gallagher deserves to be in jail.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Notice how the SEALs have respect for Marine Scout Sniper School. Professional and cool.
    #RESIST

Seems like a nice enough guy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I think he understands that, John. The point of his post was very obvious to me that he feels Gallagher deserves to be in jail.
    Deserves has got nothing to do with it.

"That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved." Benjamin Franklin, letter to Benjamin Vaughan, March 14th, 1785.

I'm not taking a side on this one way or another.

Lower the autism dial and read it like a normal human being.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Why?

Every SEAL I personally know, and know of, (know plenty in my line of work) seems to be a big supporter of his.

User Tag List