... and it's pretty entertaining.

https://instagram.com/frontsightgunr...=196izkd0egf0f

Name:  Screenshot_20200220-004943~2.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  30.9 KBName:  Screenshot_20200220-004952~2.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  60.1 KB

Vending Machine Operator
    I am incredibly conservative when it comes to aftermarket parts in guns, especially pistols, because of stuff like this. I almost never add/swap anything, and if I do, it's things like springs or guide rods. I can't bring myself to futz with triggers or safeties. Maybe that makes me unreasonably skittish, but...I'm alright with that.

Edit: Or, as pointed out, the Tau SCD is kosher too, partly because it's specifically designed NOT to fuck with how the gun functions unless you ask it to.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 02-20-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I am incredibly conservative when it comes to aftermarket parts in guns, especially pistols, because of stuff like this. I almost never add/swap anything, and if I do, it's things like springs or guide rods. I can't bring myself to futz with triggers or safeties. Maybe that makes me unreasonably skittish, but...I'm alright with that.
    Same same. Tom's SCD is the only thing "internal". Sights and grip plug the only things external.

Luddite? I'll allow it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I guarantee I know what store she bought that trigger from.
    #RESIST

After dicking with custom 1911s for a few years, the biggest attraction to the Glock was all it needed was sights and maybe some skateboard tape.

With one exception, every non-functional Glock I've held in my hands got that way through the introduction of non-factory parts.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I'm incredibly wary and skeptical of aftermarket Glock add-ons (save for sights, plugs and Gadget). If you're gonna go the cottage aftermarket route, do your due diligence: What are the qualifications and credentials of the purveyor, what is their experience, what is the field experience of those using said components, and do you actually have a coherent reason and inherent capabilities to benefit from them?

It's one thing to go the after-market route for a range or play gun; it's another thing entirely for a gun to be used in a self-defense or duty capacity. Believe it or not, there are some pretty coherent reasons why many, if not most organizations either exclude or severely (and usually specifically) define/constrain modifications to duty weapons.

Best, Jon

I am suspect to the described story. Maybe it's the cop in me, but I have a few questions about this. First is what type of competition was the shooter participating in? Most all of the competitions, IDPA, IPSC etc. I have seen require an empty pistol to be holstered at the end of each stage.

Second, if it occurred during the loading process, prepping for the stage, I would have thought, the absence of the trigger safety tab would have been felt. As well as seeing that screw sticking way out, as the pistol should have been tilted to the right if the shooter was right handed. If the shooter was left handed, the screw should have grazed or been felt by the left trigger finger even in the index point.

This would have been glaringly obvious to me, and most other shooters I know especially shooters who compete. A solid competitor should be checking their weapon after each and prior to each stage, if giving it nothing more than a visual check.

Sorry it happened, and I am probably too cynical at this point in my life, but this story has a few too many holes for me to believe it went down exactly as described.

It is obviously a prime example of the advantages of keeping and running a gun with OEM parts. It's also a lesson that as a competitor in the shooting sports, you need to maintain and inspect equipment religiously. That screw didn't come all the way out like that in one stage I bet.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 02-20-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Maybe I need to make an aftermarket trigger that looks cools and garners IG attention while not doing anything stupid (like fucking with all the intentional and functional, but according to the internet “pesky”, pre-travel).
    You're probably the only one that I would trust to make a good trigger system for Glocks, so ... yeah, do it.

:-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Wow, scary stuff. Who would even think to check that tiny pin?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    “Agency is top”... if you want a Glock trigger with essentially all the pre-travel removed and that offers a drop safety engagement (trigger-bar cruciform/trigger safety mechanism housing “engagement”) almost exactly equal to the engagement between the firing pin lug and the trigger-bar — but I’ve only examined a couple of them. Maybe don’t do stuff like that any more.

Maybe I need to make an aftermarket trigger that looks cools and garners IG attention while not doing anything stupid (like fucking with all the intentional and functional, but according to the internet “pesky”, pre-travel).
    Personally I would buy an aftermarket trigger that could be used on gen3 or gen4 and mimicked the smooth pull of a gen 5, without any reduction in pretravel or break weight, and with a metal trigger shoe.

Site Supporter
    NY1 trigger, SCD, sights, maybe grip tape/work is all I want on my Glocks.

User Tag List