Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eight Killed in German Shooting

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Eight Killed in German Shooting

From BBC News:

Eight people are dead following two shootings at shisha bars in the western German city of Hanau.

At least five people were injured after gunmen opened fire at about 22:00 local time (21:00 GMT), police told the BBC.

Police added that they are searching for the suspects, who fled the scene and are currently at large.

The first shooting was at a bar in the city centre, while the second was in Hanau's Kesselstadt neighbourhood, according to local reports.

Police officers and helicopters are patrolling both areas.

Three people were killed in the first shooting, and five in the second, regional broadcaster Hessenschau reports. The motive for the attack is unclear.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Shisha bars?

The first thing that comes to mind is Turkish/Syrian/Afghani/Kosovar gangs.

Awaiting @P30 's take on things.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Is this where I make my obligatory, "these things don't happen outside the U.S." comment?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I feel bad for the honest German citizens that already jump through billions of hoops to own a firearm, and how they will be blamed for this instead of the murderer alone.

I also feel bad for German citizens that are now forced to fear celebrating or being proud of their own heritage. The left have gotten so unbelievably intolerant that they can't seem to tell the difference between the enjoyment of cultural traditions, and hating those who are different.

Similarly, anyone that voices concerns about the rapid and uncontrolled cultural shifts within their own communities and countries is seen immediately as racist even if their genuine concern is only for safety and the rule of law. One needs only look at the US's immigration debate to see that here.

Unless the validity of those concerns are collectively recognized, both in the US and abroad, I fear this will get a whole lot worse before it gets any better

As you note, now appears to be a right wing attack based on notes the murder left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I feel bad for the honest German citizens that already jump through billions of hoops to own a firearm, and how they will be blamed for this instead of the murderer alone.

I also feel bad for German citizens that are now forced to fear celebrating or being proud of their own heritage. The left have gotten so unbelievably intolerant that they can't seem to tell the difference between the enjoyment of cultural traditions, and hating those who are different.

Similarly, anyone that voices concerns about the rapid and uncontrolled cultural shifts within their own communities and countries is seen immediately as racist even if their genuine concern is only for safety and the rule of law. One needs only look at the US's immigration debate to see that here.

Unless the validity of those concerns are collectively recognized, both in the US and abroad, I fear this will get a whole lot worse before it gets any better
    All over the world, for the media there is no decent, reasonable right o conservative groups or individuals.

Every one of them is a far right extremist, ultraderecha, nazi, etc. with very negative connotations.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

A live-at-home zero with neo-Nazi pretensions shot up a bunch of immigrants attempting to celebrate their culture. Turning this into an assault on ze good Germans is a truly Trumpian swerve.

Maybe if everyone, left and right, stopped casting themselves as the victim of persecution every waking moment, we'd get somewhere. For a credo that supposedly embraces self-reliance and stoicism, many conservatives certainly have no problem whipping out the victim card.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

The investigation into a deadly gun attack in Hanau is focusing on whether others knew about or helped organise it, Germany's federal prosecutor says.

The suspect shot dead nine people "of migrant background" at two shisha bars on Wednesday evening. He and his mother were later found dead in his flat.

Peter Frank said material the suspect Tobias R had posted online showed a "deeply racist mindset".

He had also been influenced by conspiracy theories, Mr Frank said.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

There's no shortage of racial and ethnic animus around the globe. It can be fomented out of the depraved machinations of one's own mind or based upon a misbegotten ideology. Truth and facts and reason have nothing or little to do with it.

Always has been, probably always will be.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List