Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My 9 year old daughter needs a rifle

Site Supporter
    My 8 year old has a pink Savage Rascal. It had the shortest LOP I could find. A Cricket might be better for a 10 year old. I'm thinking about getting her a T/C Encore for when she moves up. She really really wants to kill a deer.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    So... Barrett Light Fifty is out?
    I was thinking a .45-120 Sharps would be the ticket. Start with BP .45-70 level loads and work up as age and skill increase.

And I had a .22LR insert for the one I had...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  IMG_2352.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  50.7 KB

This is an old 22 I bought cheap because the stock was broken. I fixed the stock and cut a couple inches or so off the butt with a hacksaw. The kids all started on it and they still want to shoot it once in a while. It has a cocking piece that they weren't strong enough to pull back. Built in safety.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Would the Ruger American Rimfire compact work? It's available with a threaded muzzle and an interchangeable stock piece to lengthen the LOP as she grows.
    This. Bought one for my 10 year old and he likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    CZ 457 Scout

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-457-scout/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YES

Add this: https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/10...84688609944878

And this: https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HS403...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-21-2020 at 09:40 AM.

So, what ever became of this? Asking because, #1, curious and, #2, I just saw one of keystone’s "mini nagants." The last time I saw something even close that cute, it was a live puppy.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    So, what ever became of this? Asking because, #1, curious and, #2, I just saw one of keystone’s "mini nagants." The last time I saw something even close that cute, it was a live puppy.
    I just texted Hansohn Brothers about finding me something. I asked her if she wanted a pink rifle, she prefers camouflage
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I just saw one of keystone’s "mini nagants." The last time I saw something even close that cute, it was a live puppy.
    "It is the first of a series of “Mini Mil-Surp™” rifles, a collection of five WWI and WWII rifles scaled down for Youth shooters and chambered in America’s sweetheart, the .22lr cartridge."

This could be fun.....

If you see a deal on a Ruger Precision .22, please let me know. Used is fine.
    #RESIST

User Tag List