Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large gang targeting Birmingham area gun stores

Large gang targeting Birmingham area gun stores

While we have had our share of smash and grap gun store burglaries over the years, the gang that is currently active up in Birmingham is the largest I can recall. 24 cars hit the parking lot at 4 a.m.?!?! Yikes

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...hit-today.html

Site Supporter
    Similar events targeting Atlanta gun stores.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/do...cid=spartandhp

A friend transferred to ATF a year ago He just told me they have had over 1,000 firearms reported stolen by FFL Dealers alone nationwide related to these Riots.

Several stores in NC have been hit this week.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    While we have had our share of smash and grap gun store burglaries over the years, the gang that is currently active up in Birmingham is the largest I can recall. 24 cars hit the parking lot at 4 a.m.?!?! Yikes

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...hit-today.html
    Yeah, I saw that. They’ve hit several shops recently.

On of my workers lives in the aroebuck area, he was gassing up to go to work Monday morning after the unpleasantness Sunday night and a group of five or six cars full of youths returning from the festivities pulled in at the same time. He said several guns were visible. He also told me that despite there not being widespread looting in the area there are cars driving around at all hours of the night shooting in the air, including at least one group that has a full auto. From the way he described the sound I think it’s one of those auto plates for a glock because he said it went “brrrrrrppppp”
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Anytime civil unrest is stirring in STL, my local gun store has an arrangement that St. Louis County Police position a cruiser in their lot overnight. As a regular practice, they nightly remove all weapons from the retail space and store them in a walk-in safe room. I'm sure there is only so much one can do to mitigate the risk and there are many variables in play, but now seems like a good time for all gun stores to seriously review best practices.

Which reminds me, does anyone remember that story about a UPS facility getting hit and multiple firearms being stolen? I'd be curious if steps have been taken to assure those type of incidents can't easily be repeated.

An Albuquerque gun store was hit a few nights ago. News reported 115 handguns and 35 rifles stolen. The crew cut the power to disable the alarms and security cameras before they broke in according to the article.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Gun thieves shot at Fayetteville police as officers responded to pawnshop break-in

Fayetteville police are investigating reports of at least 40 different guns stolen from several stores during the lootings that happened Saturday night.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...official-says/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    An Albuquerque gun store was hit a few nights ago. News reported 115 handguns and 35 rifles stolen. The crew cut the power to disable the alarms and security cameras before they broke in according to the article.
    It was very sophisticated. It's widely suspected based on the timing that they were using some sort of scanner monitoring method to ensure that PD assets were engaged with the protests/riots before moving the cut the power and start the burglary.
    I'm told that FFL was an 02/07 SOT as well, which makes me nervous about SOT sorts of shit out in the wind with gangbangers. Very recently Albuquerque PD arrested a gangbanger type with one of those wish.com Glock selectors on a 9mm Glock of some kind.

Site Supporter
    The same thing is happening in the Philadelphia / Wilmington area. Some have been successful, some were thwarted.

User Tag List