Thread: Is Bladerigs still in business?

Is Bladerigs still in business?

Sent in a knife at the end of November with a projected date of completion after Christmas. Haven't gotten email responses. I notice his e commerce site is practically empty and there hasn't been an Instagram post in a long time.

I had a similar issue years ago. I was unaware they were still in business. I finally got my sheath about 3 months later.

After they had my collectable and difficult to replace knife for 6 weeks, I sent an email for a status check. A week later they responded. I was not thrilled with their tone.

It took another 6 weeks to get the knife and the sheath.

Tom at DSG makes all the Kydex knife sheaths for my knives now. If I need Moodex, I use Dwayne at Armorall Leather.

Nick is a little...manic sometimes. I would try a message via IG as that has always seemed to get the fasted response, IME YMMV.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Ah, so that's what it's called.

Why are so many knife makers/modders/sheath makers such train wrecks? Bladeforums is full of posts about someone taking orders and then going silent or making excuses.

In fact, it seems being in the knife business is hazardous to ones health. They seem to always have family emergencies that keep them out of the shop for months at a time.

I’m sure it’s purely coincidental that those that get paid upfront seem to have the most family emergencies.

It's a cheap production knife.

I guess I shouldn't read into it anymore than he's just swamped with orders?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Why are so many knife makers/modders/sheath makers such train wrecks? Bladeforums is full of posts about someone taking orders and then going silent or making excuses.

In fact, it seems being in the knife business is hazardous to ones health. They seem to always have family emergencies that keep them out of the shop for months at a time.

I’m sure it’s purely coincidental that those that get paid upfront seem to have the most family emergencies.
    Knife people are weird, even weirder than gun people.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Hey!!! Watch it fella.

That said, as a general rule I think it's a bad policy to pay up front. Most highly respected custom knife makers will not ask for payment before the work is ready to be shipped. (Yes, there can be and are legitimate exceptions...but choose wisely.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Knife makers are basically artists, and artists can be flaky to say the least... Being great at making stuff by hand has nothing to do with being great at business. Communication, keeping promises, keeping deadlines, and all the other shit that goes into good business seems to be anathema to the artistic types... The best ones have somebody else to keep on top of the business end of things.

I messaged him through PayPal earlier today and I just got a tracking number. Guess it's finished.

User Tag List