Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Where is that?
    Area 57

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Area 57
    Gah! And me fresh out of alien tech to trade for access.

In all seriousness, even one or two reactive targets like these would revolutionize my practice... I've been wondering why they don't put one on rails.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Near Oklahoma City. Not Area 51....
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Wow.

How much of this is intellectual property? The system looks so simple on the surface! Testament to the invention, I suppose.
    The only thing I can think of that's intellectual property there would be the actual computer program he uses to run the system. Otherwise, Bill's an open book regarding his tests, concepts and philosophy. He wrote one as well.

I'm lucky. I have access to 2 of his ranges at our academy.

Todd, if you get the chance, say hello to Bill from Ken and Mark in Tallahassee.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Or you could get your Schedule worked out...... and come shoot the one I have access to.......... Two programable lanes on one range and it also has more Steel than you can shake a stick at.
    Two lanes isn't enough for a class unless four people wanted to pay rude money (like $500/day + range fees).

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Happiness is 6 Roger's bays, a case of 9mm, and an afternoon to kill.
    Happiness is being able to say, "Yeah, I'll go to the pistol-forum.com Rogers class" at the drop of hat just because you want to.

TD3 is in the bag. Today our group of 10 shook out at 3 Advanced, 3 Intermediate, and 4 Basic.

The day began with some discussion about the hows and whys of the Rogers's techniques. This was sparked by some of the instructors reading comments right here on pistol-forum.com. It was a good discussion that gave students a chance to ask questions and talk about different approaches to various shooting tasks.

Another point that was clarified -- and a mistake I'd made previously in one of my posts -- is that the test was not developed around an open range holster but rather a legitimate police/duty retention holster. There was then a pretty interesting discussion about how aiwb from concealment does or doesn't have a disadvantage on the test compared to such a holster.

During the day I pointed out to a couple of the instructors that there was a discrepancy on lane 1 (where I am) that could result in students losing an ability to make up misses on one target. While it was made very clear that I was the only person in the history of the school that whined about it, nonetheless the instructors took a minute and shifted the steel plate in front of the target to rectify the problem. So first, major kudos to the folks at Rogers for responding to what they thought was a picayune gamer-whiner problem. Second, to every shooter who ever tests from lane 1 ever again, you owe me thanks every time you score a point for a make-up shot on target 2 after pinging the hostage target.

The group asked last night if we could possibly get in a little more shooting because we're burning through the normal curriculum so fast. So today, the Rogers cadre accommodated us by setting up what they call the "Beast of the Earth" drill. It's 60-something non stop target engagements. It was probably less than two minutes of extra class time, but everyone burned through 50-100 rounds and had an absolute blast.

Spirits in the class seem pretty high and everyone is looking forward to tomorrow, which is double test day (shot in the AM and at the end of the day). The title of class champion is very much up for grabs with just 17 points separating the three Advanced shooters, while quite a few of the Basic & Intermediate students are just a couple points away from getting bumped up to the next level.

Congratulations to all of you. I will see you tomorrow.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    Congratulations to all of you. I will see you tomorrow.
    We will never forgive you if you fail to shoot the test with a pocket .22.

I have been flying aircraft back and forth from MT to Alaska the last few days, and am so envious of the action down at RSS, I even went to IHop yesterday and ate the same breakfast I have each morning in Ellijay. I just wish we could have have a web cam installed so we all could watch the school test each day.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I even went to IHop yesterday and ate the same breakfast I have each morning in Ellijay. I just wish we could have have a web cam installed so we all could watch the school test each day.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Two lanes isn't enough for a class unless four people wanted to pay rude money (like $500/day + range fees).
    Yea your probaly right, I guess I was thiking we could have two or four guys running the reactive and then another group running the other steel and paper on the three other ranges. I think once you see the ragne you'll get a better idea of what I was thinking. ( dont know if it will work though)

Has there been any talk of another "Rodgers" P-F class next year?????

Yall have fun down there!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by JV_; 05-12-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: fixed quote
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List