Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-forum.com Rogers Shooting School trip 6-11 May 2012

We are diminished
    There is a 9-part, 125-point test that students shoot every day (and twice on Thursday) when attending Rogers. The parts are also referred to as tests, so the test has Test 1, Test 2, etc. You need a score of at least 70 to pass, 90 gets you an Intermediate rating for the week, and if you score 110 or better you earn an Advanced certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I have to ask . . . what connector?
    Bill likes the standard connector. He doesn't care for a light trigger.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There is a 9-part, 125-point test that students shoot every day (and twice on Thursday) when attending Rogers. The parts are also referred to as tests, so the test has Test 1, Test 2, etc. You need a score of at least 70 to pass, 90 gets you an Intermediate rating for the week, and if you score 110 or better you earn an Advanced certificate.
    Thanks! Are those uploaded somewhere on the intergalacticweb or do you have to attend a Rogers course to able to shoot them?

We are diminished
    You need access to their reactive steel target system and the right program of times and exposures.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    Bill likes the standard connector. He doesn't care for a light trigger.
    Standard in a Gen 4 . . . . I suppose "dot" connector for more recent guns. That's really interesting. Thank you!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You need access to their reactive steel target system and the right program of times and exposures.
    I've got the steel............

Would be cool if someone had the CoF...........
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I've got the steel............
    Would be cool if someone had the CoF...........
    Worst case, you could figure it out from videos. I believe Bill is pretty adamant about who gets the "official" test and it's related to whether the system was bought through him or not.

I'd love to have the steel to begin with. I can't think of anything more fun than to put on a three day reactive steel class. There is just so much you can accomplish.

I'd love to have the steel to begin with. I can't think of anything more fun than to put on a three day reactive steel class. There is just so much you can accomplish.
    Hell yeah.

I could die a happy death if I had frequent access to a Rogers Range.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

We are diminished
    Sean+ToddG+F2S = solution

Unfortunately, Sean is being a selfish #$%@ with the whole "serving my country in a war zone" thing when he should be thinking about us and the fun we could be having.

We are diminished
    I asked the Rogers staff last night about how our class was faring compared to the norm. They said that by day two, normally only about 60% of first time students have passed. We're 8 for 8 in our group (two of us have been to Rogers before).

They also said it was even more rare to have three Advanced in a class, especially one our size. I'm very happy to report that the three Advanced shooters so far are the three F.A.S.T. coin holders: JV, Todd Kennedy, and me.

Don't leave home without it!

User Tag List