Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RFI: 2020 Subaru Legacy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tor...ck-quality/amp

Re the oil issue There was a settlement with owners on the oil issue and going forward it will be resolved at the dealership possibly by replacing the short block
    I wonder if those issues carry over to a crosstrek with a manual transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I dont know. However there is a wealth of info out there. I didnt know about the head gasket until I read a reference to it in a post on PF. As far as I can tell all new cars seem to have issues. The question is are they going to effect the vehicle you purchase and how is the dealer/mfg gonna deal with it. It has occured to me the best route may be to purchas an extended warranty from the manufacture if its available.
    I know a guy with a relatively new Ford pickup diesel and hes fighting them constanly about one issue or another. I know another guy with 100000 on a turbo ford truck and he hasnt had a single problem. Its a crap shoot.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I dont know. However there is a wealth of info out there. I didnt know about the head gasket until I read a reference to it in a post on PF. As far as I can tell all new cars seem to have issues. The question is are they going to effect the vehicle you purchase and how is the dealer/mfg gonna deal with it. It has occured to me the best route may be to purchas an extended warranty from the manufacture if its available.
    I know a guy with a relatively new Ford pickup diesel and hes fighting them constanly about one issue or another. I know another guy with 100000 on a turbo ford truck and he hasnt had a single problem. Its a crap shoot.
    True. My warranty is good on paper, but the fights and how the manufacturer has handled things, I’m ready to approach them about just buying the damn thing from me.

Site Supporter
    We have a 5 month old 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R. We like it. Purposely bought the 2019 to get the 3.6R vs 2020 Turbo.

Crosstrek for the U.S. market continues to be made in Japan in 2020. So, no, production quality issues at the Indiana plant do not apply.

Site Supporter

RFI: 2020 Subaru Legacy

I will say I’ve had 8 Subarus and consider them the only car I would have other than a BMW or Audi. I say that because I want AWD, but just don’t want to pay the European prices. Quality has been excellent and I alway lease my Subarus and trade them in around 2.5 years. I have a 2018 Outback 3.6R and a 2019 Crosstrek Limited. Both are great and the Crosstrek is my favorite due to handling and the updates CVT which shifts and has better control. That said....

My Crosstrek has several rattles with only 3,000 miles on it. Totally unacceptable. The center console and doors rattle on the road and when I turn up the radio (Harmon Kardon) loud I get more rattling. I’m sure it can be fixed but I don’t trust Subaru to take care of it. My VW GTI on the other hand was a tank with great quality, but high insurance costs. I needed AWD again to get to the range.

I would get another Crosstrek in a heartbeat. I think mine is just a fluke. If I were looking at Outbacks I would only get the new Turbo. The 3.6 is nice, but the turbo model is much improved and better performing. The Global platform is exceptional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2018 Legacy had minor problems with the infotainment system that were fixed under warranty. Otherwise a comfortable, dependable car that gets good mileage. It seems well made, and I agree the CVT sounds odd. However, I get close to 40 mpg at 65-68 mph. Yes, I’m an old fart who obeys the speed limit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Crosstrek for the U.S. market continues to be made in Japan in 2020. So, no, production quality issues at the Indiana plant do not apply.
    I'm curious about the mechanical issues, ala CVT failures/possibly causing engine stalls and this oil consumption, and if the build location or chassis/engine combination isolates the issues.

I'm curious about the mechanical issues, ala CVT failures/possibly causing engine stalls and this oil consumption, and if the build location or chassis/engine combination isolates the issues.
    I have never experienced oil consumption issues on the motors or problems with the CVT. While I don’t exactly like the CVT, it’s what you get with Subaru. Like is said earlier, it’s much improved on 2019 and forward models. No lurching or any of that.

I know the oil issue has made its way around the web and I’m sure some people do experience this but I don’t think it’s only Subaru that can run into this. I’ve never had it and I’ve had a fair amount of their cars with almost every version of their H4 and H6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List