Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drain the swamp or open the Levees?

Site Supporter
    After thinking on it a bit, there’s a decent chance he issued the clemencies for no other reason than to see people on the news talking about how great he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    After thinking on it a bit, there’s a decent chance he issued the clemencies for no other reason than to see people on the news talking about how great he is.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fami...ry?id=69070481
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...trumps-pardons

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Well, he IS a troll extraordinaire. Outrage culture is the perfect trolling environment. No one causes head explosions quite like he does. It annoyed me at first because he wasn't acting "presidential." Now I simply find it hilarious. The point being that there's also a decent chance he issued the clemencies for the sole purpose of sending a certain percentage of his detractors further into derangement syndrome.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Well, he IS a troll extraordinaire. Outrage culture is the perfect trolling environment. No one causes head explosions quite like he does. It annoyed me at first because he wasn't acting "presidential." Now I simply find it hilarious. The point being that there's also a decent chance he issued the clemencies for the sole purpose of sending a certain percentage of his detractors further into derangement syndrome.
    That would be a pretty bad reason for a president to take an executive action on behalf of the United States. The job is "supposed to be" acting in the best interest of the country...the whole country.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That would be a pretty bad reason for a president to take an executive action on behalf of the United States. The job is "supposed to be" acting in the best interest of the country...the whole country.
    That is Old Coke. This is New Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    That is Old Coke. This is New Coke.
    This is pretty much the only coke I've dealt with in the past few decades...

I don't necessarily disagree... but... when is a pardon/clemency ever in the interest of the whole country? Perhaps the Nixon pardon could be argued to be such, but other than that, these seem to have a history of being little more than political (or whatever) favors.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

This is pretty much the only coke I've dealt with in the past few decades...

I am not certain why you are posting picture of John DeLorean's cabinet again.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree... but... when is a pardon/clemency ever in the interest of the whole country? Perhaps the Nixon pardon could be argued to be such, but other than that, these seem to have a history of being little more than political (or whatever) favors.
    Point taken. Still, pardoning someone for the purpose of having your political adversaries' heads explode certainly pushes the limits of presidential fiat into another realm. (And he's certainly not the first to do so.)

Anyway, he is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Corruption re the elites and their minions to include the taking care of each other
    When you keep that in mind, everything makes sense.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List