Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Drain the swamp or open the Levees?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Point taken. Still, pardoning someone for the purpose of having your political adversaries' heads explode certainly pushes the limits of presidential fiat into another realm. (And he's certainly not the first to do so.)

Anyway, he is what he is.
    We're on the same page. I think you read my initial post with a little less levity than I had intended. I shouldda put a smiley on the end.

On a serious note though... a pardon/clemency to benefit the whole country could be when an injustice is corrected. It benefits We The People that mistakes can be corrected I think.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Yes, We Have No Bananas...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    When you keep that in mind, everything makes sense.
    Jump to 1.25 if you don't want to watch the whole clip.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

At this point, I’m not convinced we couldn’t end up with better representation via lottery.

The greased pikes with the corpses of those found guilty of corruption stuck on them would probably help drive home the point that corruption and negligence will not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That would be a pretty bad reason for a president to take an executive action on behalf of the United States. The job is "supposed to be" acting in the best interest of the country...the whole country.
    I'd say we're all doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    I'd say we're all doing great.
    Well, that's a load off my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    At this point, I’m not convinced we couldn’t end up with better representation via lottery.

The greased pikes with the corpses of those found guilty of corruption stuck on them would probably help drive home the point that corruption and negligence will not be tolerated.
    I'm still not sure what Blago did.

I know a lot of his initial convictions were overturned but the sentence received no reduction.

I do know that his holding a press conference today was awesome. LOL.

Site Supporter
    Illinois should be a sanctuary state for government corruption - that would solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    I'm still not sure what Blago did.

I know a lot of his initial convictions were overturned but the sentence received no reduction.

I do know that his holding a press conference today was awesome. LOL.
    Little things like shaking down a children's hospital and selling Obama's Senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Illinois should be a sanctuary state for government corruption - that would solve the problem.
    What do you mean "should be"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Little things like shaking down a children's hospital and selling Obama's Senate seat.
    Everything I read stated that the senate seat conviction was overturned. Assuming this is wrong maybe?

Do you have the link to the Children's Hospital charge? I can't find what he was convicted of that carried the 14 year sentence.

User Tag List