Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drain the swamp or open the Levees?

Site Supporter
    I wasn’t very happy with this but politicians have to politic and that means dealing with other politicians. Even ones you don’t like and other parties. Personally I want the FBI to go jihad on corrupt politicians regardless of party. Then bring back the guillotine. Alas I fear the seeds sown in 90s by the clintons make rooting out corruption impossible. I wonder what Louis Freeh thinks of today? Maybe the FBI should stop hiring lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I wasn’t very happy with this but politicians have to politic and that means dealing with other politicians. Even ones you don’t like and other parties. Personally I want the FBI to go jihad on corrupt politicians regardless of party. Then bring back the guillotine. Alas I fear the seeds sown in 90s by the clintons make rooting out corruption impossible.
    And not just the Clintons...all this current mess and miasma has created a new precedent for future administrations. And that does not bode well going forward. Honesty, civility and fair play are out the window. (If they were ever here to begin with.)

As I see it, the current batch of Dems and Republicans, both those serving and those aspiring, are only bringing these particular gifts to the nation:

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Interesting reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

"Poconnor stated "Alas I fear the seeds sown in 90s by the clintons make rooting out corruption impossible..."

YMMV-but I would respectfully disagree. Corruption re the elites and their minions to include the taking care of each other re the same in the form of pardons/commutations/lack of and/or under prosecution was in play far before the Clintons on both sides of the political isle.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Apparently a number of people on both sides have been agitating for commuting Blago's sentence.

I have no idea why.

It was incredibly stupid to commute it, IMO. Same for some of the others announced.

On the bright side, at least none of them were on the level of FALN, so...
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I guess I started with the clintons because they came into power in my twenties. I was too young for earlier shenanigans. When I read Days of Rage I did noticed how many activists are still around.

Media

It is irritating watching the media have a complete come-apart about Trump's commutation of sentences for these guys when they were thrilled to death when Obama commuted the 70 year sentence for Marxist terrorist, Oscar Lopez Rivera.

"The chickens have come home to roost."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I wasn’t very happy with this but politicians have to politic and that means dealing with other politicians. Even ones you don’t like and other parties. Personally I want the FBI to go jihad on corrupt politicians regardless of party. Then bring back the guillotine. Alas I fear the seeds sown in 90s by the clintons make rooting out corruption impossible. I wonder what Louis Freeh thinks of today? Maybe the FBI should stop hiring lawyers
    Guillotine is a spectacle but not enough pain and suffering for a real deterrent. I'd settle for inexpensive greasy pike impalement lined along all avenues to Capitol Hill. Go old school Vlad and leave the corpses there until they rot (just in case they need a daily reminder) and fall off the pike.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Everything is fine, Trump is “actually, I guess, the chief law enforcement officer of the country.”

User Tag List