Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jane Fonda is more pious than you

As long as they're never on fire...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

RED dress. How appropriate.

Rosco

Jesus Christ.

Hanoi Jane, I firmly believe that nothing says "I love you" like a blood diamond. The ones made without atrocities just aren't as good. Also, lol, those people were gonna butcher each other anyway, even if I didn't buy conflict stones. Machetes are cheap, you dumbass!

Arizona, you're a fool. ZOMG, a million species are at risk of extinction--extinction is a necessary part of evolution. No "Participation Prizes" in nature. I'd also point out that forest fires are a necessary and healthy part of, you know, how forests work. If there's no periodic burning, what you wind up with is a bunch of trees growing in increasingly barren soil, in an ecosystem that supports almost no animal life. Hell, there are trees whose seeds can only sprout in fires. And protip, you don't need to worry about the future, you're not having any kids, years of habitually starving yourself has rendered your body incapable of conceiving life, women are not supposed to look like you. Besides, your eyes are too far apart, and I'm more into them Duluth Trading models.

Thanks all. If I did my job right, I'll have managed to offend even some of you.

As a brown-eyed person, I am deeply offended by everything for which she stands.

As a person who is not currently wearing hoop ear rings, I am deeply offended by everything for which she stands.

As a person who is not currently wearing eye-liner, I am deeply offended by everything for which she stands.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    WTF is a "sustainable" diamond?
    I love this... https://diamondfoundry.com/blogs/the...nable-diamonds

Repeat after me... "Cubic Zirconia is not a Diamond". Poseurs.
    Just for the record - Man made diamonds aren't Cubic Zirconia's. CZ's have no carbon in them. Man made diamonds are made from carbon and are optically and chemically identical to a mined diamond, so these are the real thing (if you're talking about chemical makeup and appearance).

I'd say that this company is being smart and taking advantage of the progressives. There seems to be a fight between mined diamonds and man made diamonds. Mined diamonds are bragging about being the 'real thing' - they say you're giving someone something allegedly formed over millions of years as opposed to a few weeks means so much more emotionally. Seems that man made diamond companies appear to be fighting back - taking advantage of those who want to be environmentally conscious (or more-so those who want to appear to be environmentally conscious more like it as in the above).

I suspect it's a bit like the solar plant taking advantage as well. Using flood lights at night time to power the solar panels to get the government subsidiaries. They're not so much in it for the environment - they're just seeing a business opportunity. They were probably already making diamonds for cutting and thought "Hey - there's an extra market here if we market in a specific way".

Quote Originally Posted by -ad- View Post
    Just for the record - Man made diamonds aren't Cubic Zirconia's. CZ's have no carbon in them. Man made diamonds are made from carbon and are optically and chemically identical to a mined diamond, so these are the real thing (if you're talking about chemical makeup and appearance).

I'd say that this company is being smart and taking advantage of the progressives. There seems to be a fight between mined diamonds and man made diamonds. Mined diamonds are bragging about being the 'real thing' - they say you're giving someone something allegedly formed over millions of years as opposed to a few weeks means so much more emotionally. Seems that man made diamond companies appear to be fighting back - taking advantage of those who want to be environmentally conscious (or more-so those who want to appear to be environmentally conscious more like it as in the above).

I suspect it's a bit like the solar plant taking advantage as well. Using flood lights at night time to power the solar panels to get the government subsidiaries. They're not so much in it for the environment - they're just seeing a business opportunity. They were probably already making diamonds for cutting and thought "Hey - there's an extra market here if we market in a specific way".
    I look foward to the day when faking the flaws of "natural" diamonds in synthesized diamond is cheap, and the diamond mining industry croaks a decade or two later.

It's hilarious when the mark of desirability consists of defects too small to see with the naked eye vs. the undesirable "too perfect" version.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List