Thread: RFI - Jo'berg and Capetown

RFI - Jo'berg and Capetown

Folks - hope y'all can help me out with trip planning. My brother is taking his family and mine (four actual adults, a 21 year old, and four teenagers 14 thru 17) to Africa this summer. We're going to have about 24 hours on the ground on Day 1 in Johannesburg, heading off to safari venue(s) on Day 2. Looking for advice on what to do that day - we're arriving in the AM (local time) after about 14 hours in the air, and would rather bash through the day in order to get somewhat onto sleep schedule for local time. Any thoughts on things to do, places to eat, etc - we're staying at the City Lodge that night.

A couple of days later we're headed to Capetown for three days/four nights. Two of the days are booked up with tours already (Table Mountain and the Peninsula), but we've got one day open. Again, any thoughts on what to do in Capetown? Also open for any/all suggestions on restaurants for dinner for four nights.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

@BigT
    #RESIST

Kevin you're wecome to keep in touch off line as well. I will pm you my contact details.

But off the top of my head

Joburg side butcher shop in sandton does fantastic steak ( and trust me we know about steak here)
    Fireroom in fourways does amazing fusion sushi , and steak and a whole lot of other things.

Stay out of Joburg town itself and the same for Kemton which is the city the airport is in.

Tours of Soweto are pretty popular but go on a tour don't go for a drive on your own.

Will think of dome more stuff

Cape Town

Wine farm tours are always popular.
    Camps bay isca beutiful beach

Lots of great resteraunts at the V&A
    If you can get to the Harbour house in Kalk Bay ( not the one at the V&A) its amazing

Will also give it s thinknand hit up my cape town mates for suggestions
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List