Thread: Easily confused: dummy or live round

Easily confused: dummy or live round

Pay attention, folks.

On the left is a dummy round. On the right is a Federal Syntech live round. One is louder than the other.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'm lucky enough to have access to a machine shop. When I load up dummy rounds I put the empty brass in the mill and use a 3/16 end mill to put a hole crossways through the case. If I want something in the primer hole I use some bright blue liquid gasket stuff.

Site Supporter
    I wonder how clear that dummy round is to folks with red/green color blindness. Honest question, I don't know how orange appears to them.

Chris

I take a sharpie and color the entire case green when I make up dummy rounds. It lasts and is easily recognizable even on a press check.

Site Supporter
    I have loaded a lot of acme 9mm bullets. I also have some of the same dummy rounds. I’ve never thought about how similar they look. Thanks for the reminder.

User Tag List