Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket knife coming out when clearing cover garment

I've found that the Spyderco wire clips are the best for avoiding snagging. How about a Delica?

EDIT: whoops. Delica doesn't have the wire clip... Dragonfly or Sage do, among others.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-18-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    My Spyderco Waved Delicas and Enduras are among my favorite knives, but the clips are definitely snag-prone, particularly on seat belts. The MXG Gear clips - both the standard style and low profile style - are superior.

RCS Pocket Shield.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Sometimes you have to adjust which pocket it is clipped to.

I quit carrying a clipped on folder for this reason and because they tore up my pockets. And the clip scratched finishes on cars and other things I was leaning against. And the clip got caught on something else and ejected the knife/flashlight from the pocket. I just got sick of it.

My solution was to just drop it in the pocket. Same for flashlight. It hasn't been a problem for pretty much any task.

I am actually wondering why the hell clipped to pocket anything became the fashion.
    Two reasons:

I have found that knives clipped to a pocket are less likely to fall out of the pocket than a knife that is simply dropped in the pocket.

When a knife is needed RIGHT NOW, it is faster than having to dig through a bunch of other stuff in a pocket to find the knife oriented the wrong way for opening it quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've found that the Spyderco wire clips are the best for avoiding snagging.
    Dragonfly or Sage do, among others.
    I just got a Para 3 Lightweight, and kinda like the clip.

In my experience, this boils down to clip design, clip strength, and part clothing. I have one (singular) work shirt that's cut and hemmed in such a way that it will pull any of three CRK (Sebenza's/Inkosi) folders out of my pocket if I reach above my head and it catches. Part of that is due to the shirt, the other part is due to the clip design. No manner of tightening the clips has changed the outcome with that shirt. Same shirt will not pull out other knives (Strider/Spyderco) regardless of how I move. And, none of my other shirts have ever pulled any of the CRK's out of my pocket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    It's tight, but has an outward bend at the bottom.

Time for a boxcutter with a different clip, I guess.
    I have bent the tip in on the bottom of a few knife clips and it has helped.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I have bent the tip in on the bottom of a few knife clips and it has helped.
    This. Takes a couple seconds with a pair of pliers.

I don't suppose the knife could be clipped to the back pocket?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I don't suppose the knife could be clipped to the back pocket?
    I have found that knives clipped to back pockets are much more likely to stab me when they come open accidentally as well as more likely to damage whatever chair, car seat, etc. in which I may sit.

User Tag List