Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current state of 9mm PCC/subgun suppressors

I've been really happy with my Obsidian 9 on everything from 300 BO, my B&T APC9K Pro to pistols. The performance is good though I think the 9K sounds better but I like the fact that the Obsidian 9 breaks down and is user serviceable. I also like the configurable length even thought mine pretty much only gets shot in the short config. Bonus it takes Q's Plan B which is what I am looking into now.

@jandbj

Thanks, but it leaves me with questions. What type/grade Ti did they use? Is it domestically produced, or imported? Is the baffle stack a mono-core, or shielded baffle, or open baffle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    @jandbj

Thanks, but it leaves me with questions. What type/grade Ti did they use? Is it domestically produced, or imported? Is the baffle stack a mono-core, or shielded baffle, or open baffle?
    Monocore, the wave pattern on the end keeps the crud from seizing the tube to the stack. No clam shells required.
    Older Mystic X vid, but you get the idea...

Infiniti X vid

Call Dave Saylors and ask. He even answers the phone himself.

P.S. I’m getting an education in adding links in this thread.... I think I even got the YouTube ones right!
    Last edited by jandbj; 02-19-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Monocore, the wave pattern on the end keeps the crud from seizing the tube to the stack. No clam shells required.
    Call Dave Saylors and ask. He even answers the phone himself.
    Well, it’s always nice to have the option to deal with the owner of a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Well, it’s always nice to have the option to deal with the owner of a company.
    The aforementioned .357Max Contender was part of the R&D that got the Mystic changed to the Mystic X... if you mention “JohnInNH” to Dave he’ll remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    The aforementioned .357Max Contender was part of the R&D that got the Mystic changed to the Mystic X... if you mention “JohnInNH” to Dave he’ll remember it.
    Thanks for the info. Always good to have another name in the hat for finding the exact solution for ones needs.

While Im unconvinced on a Ti baffle stack (Ti tube is different), I may do a bit of digging on some of their other models, and would definitely ping them before purchasing.

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    My collapsable PCC. 5.5" tri-lug barrel, Law Tactical folder, Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1 Pistol Brace, Vortex MRD, Matrix side charger upper, Spikes Colt lower.

Name:  Folder 1.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  37.9 KB

Currently with carbon fiber handguard and Mystic X tri-lug fitted suppressor.

Name:  Folder 4.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  23.8 KB

Love that Mystic X
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    I run a VERS9 on my PCC.
    Looks like a very slick setup - how well does it work? How easy is it to clean?

I should have mentioned that I'm familiar with the Bowers lineup, but I wasn't considering them for a few reasons.

I'm open minded to new data, though.

The SilencerCo Omega 9k is still a very capable PCC silencer. Great suppression is a compact size.

If I were to buy a R9™ 9MM SOUND SUPPRESSOR could I mount it to a Glock with a threaded barrel using the NIELSEN BOOSTER ASSEMBLY, and make it QD on the PCC using the KURZ KITS?

User Tag List