Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current state of 9mm PCC/subgun suppressors

Current state of 9mm PCC/subgun suppressors

I’m curious to know what the new hotness is for 9mm pcc or subgun suppressors. If they can also be modified to use on a pistol without too much fiddle-fart, that’s fine too but my primary interest is for use on a 9mm AR with a short (let’s say 7-11”) barrel.

Site Supporter
    I'm so in.

I have a transferable UZI that needs a can, and since it gets a steady diet of 13c/round steel case 'Uzi Kibble' Wolf, I'd really like a 9mm can that is user serviceable and is basically indestructible with high FA firing schedules. The SiCo Octane 9 had my attention but it was discontinued, and the third party that made an elegant UZI barrel nut adapter for it doesn't make it anymore.
    The DeadAir Wolfman 9mm is interesting but I'm concerned about a sealed can with high round counts of dirty Russian 9mm.

Name:  D94B30CC-79F9-4E19-AF1D-AEE9EF46E862.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  18.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I'm so in.

I have a transferable UZI that needs a can, and since it gets a steady diet of 13c/round steel case 'Uzi Kibble' Wolf, I'd really like a 9mm can that is user serviceable and is basically indestructible with high FA firing schedules. The SiCo Octane 9 had my attention but it was discontinued, and the third party that made an elegant UZI barrel nut adapter for it doesn't make it anymore.
    The DeadAir Wolfman 9mm is interesting but I'm concerned about a sealed can with high round counts of dirty Russian 9mm.
    Bowers Group makes what you’re looking for.

The Vers9s or Wardog models would probably be the best fit.

http://bowersgroup.com/product/vers-9s/

@Giving Back can hook you up with a discount for Bowers.
    #RESIST

I run a VERS9 on my PCC.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Name:  58BBC2D2-3EB1-44A2-AACE-E62AECCBDE84.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  34.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    I run a VERS9 on my PCC.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

https://libertycans.net/infiniti-x-l...ight-silencer/
    Other than a dedicated rimfire can... just buy this and suppress damn near everything you own.

Yes, it really is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    https://libertycans.net/infiniti-x-l...ight-silencer/
    Other than a dedicated rimfire can... just buy this and suppress damn near everything you own.

Yes, it really is that good.
    How does the baffle stack remove from the tube?

Can’t find much info about it on their website. No technical information that I saw either pertaining to what grades of material are used, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    How does the baffle stack remove from the tube?

Can’t find much info about it on their website. No technical information that I saw either pertaining to what grades of material are used, etc.
    https://libertycans.net/mystic-x/
    It’s a Mystic X with a titanium stack, rated for 50+ different calibers through .338 win mag pressures and .35 caliber bore.

“The first true multipurpose suppressor, the Mystic, set the bar high for a multipurpose design. Now the Mystic X has improved upon that ground breaking technology. The Mystic X was born from a need for extreme versatility, with the first time silencer buyer in the forefront of our minds. When purchasing a first suppressor, buyers can easily be overwhelmed with the amount of info available. We wanted the first time buyer to have a choice that allows them to dip their toe into the NFA waters and have the most versatile suppressor available. To achieve this goal, we took one of our most popular models and improved on that platform to create what we feel is one of the most functional suppressors available, and the ultimate first time owner’s silencer. Rated for dozens of calibers, ranging from 22lr up to 300 Win Mag, it can be used as a 9mm silencer or rifle silencer on a variety of handguns, rifles and submachine guns. If you were to only own one silencer, we believe that the Mystic X is the one to choose.
    17 M2 (Rimfire)
    17 HMR (Rimfire)
    17 WSM (Rimfire)
    22 Short (Rimfire)
    22 Long (Full Auto)
    22 LR (Rimfire)
    22 Mag (Rimfire)
    22 Hornet
    22 K Hornet
    218 Bee*
    219 Zipper*
    221 Fireball*
    22-250*
    223 Rem (See Note Below)*
    22 PPC (See Note Below)
    30 PPC (See Note Below)
    30 Carbine
    30 Herrett
    30 Mauser
    30-30 Winchester*
    32-20
    32 S&W Long
    32 H&R Magnum
    4.6 X 30 HK (Full Auto)
    5.56MM NATO*
    5.7 X 28 FN (Full Auto)
    6MM PPC (See Note Below)*
    6MM BR (See Note Below)*
    7-30 Waters*
    9 x 18 (Full Auto)
    9 x 19 (Base Caliber) (Full Auto)
    9 x 21
    9 x 23 (38 Super)
    9 x 23 Winchester
    9 x 25 Dillon
    9 x 25 Super Auto G
    300 BLACKOUT
    380 (Full Auto)
    38 Special
    38 S&W
    357 Sig
    357 Mag
    357 Maximum Supersonic
    357 Auto Mag
    357 Herrett
    338 Spectre
    300/221 Fireball
    300 Whisper©
    5.45x39MM Russian*
    6.5 Grendel (See Note Below)
    6.8 SPC (See Note Below)*
    7.62 x 25 MM (Full Auto)*
    7.62 x 38 R*
    7.62 x 39 MM*
    New Calibers (for MX2600 and above only)
    .308 Win*
    .30-06*
    .243*
    .260*
    .270*
    8mm Mauser*
    .6.5 Creedmoor*
    7mm Mag*
    7mm – 08*
    300 WSM*
    338 Win Mag*
    300 Win Mag*
    * We recommend the full size, stainless steel Liberty Suppressors Fixed Barrel Adapter with these calibers.
    Barrel Restrictions For MX2600 and above: • .223, 7.62 x 39, 6.8 SPC size family of cartridges are now rated for 11.5” barrels. • 300 Blackout is now rated down to 5” barrels as long as the twist rate of the barrel will stabilize the bullet in flight. • .308 families of cartridges, such as 243 Win, 270 Win, 30-06, etc. are rated for 18” or longer barrels. • 300 Win Mag family of cartridges such as 7mm REM MAG, 338 Win Mag, 300 WSM, etc. are rated for 22” or longer barrels.
    Barrel Restrictions for MX2599 and below: .223, 7.62×39 and 6.8 SPC size family of cartridges limited to 16″ or longer. 300 Blackout rated to 8″. Note 2: It has been found that Monarch brand 124r JHP will separate in the suppressor and can generate baffle strikes due to instability in the rounds. Please refrain from using this ammunition in your Mystic X suppressors or any other Liberty can at this time. Thank you.
    Manufacturers Recommendation: When disassembling a take apart suppressor, if more than hand force is necessary to remove the inner core from the outer tube, please use a semi-soft material such as wood, rubber, or nylon as opposed to harder items like a hammer.”

Disassembly/Cleaning
    https://2uw3472yi3st1vb2ak31mt31-wpe...-Cleaning2.pdf

I became a believer using the original Mystic and later Mystic X on everything from an M16, through .308 bolt guns, 9mm M11-9, Contenders through full power .357Max, a couple of Glock with the booster... my own infinity x is still in NFA jail but I’ve arranged conjugal visits with my SOT and already run it on my Ruger GSR, 77/357 and Geisselle patrol rifle. Exceptional can in every way. Have your SOT order the package deal that comes with 4 fixed mounts. Buy the pistol booster while you wait for the stamp to come in.
    Last edited by jandbj; 02-19-2020 at 07:52 PM.

User Tag List