Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current state of 9mm PCC/subgun suppressors

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Looks like a very slick setup - how well does it work? How easy is it to clean?

I should have mentioned that I'm familiar with the Bowers lineup, but I wasn't considering them for a few reasons.

I'm open minded to new data, though.

It works...well. Not sure what else to say about it.

Cleaning isn’t something I have ever done, or seen done. They use an asymmetric baffle stack, and as such Bowers doesn’t recommend popping them open without a good reason, and if you ever put enough rounds through one to clog it with...whatever is in that Russian ammo...I suspect they would recommend sending it in for cleaning - I would email them about that particular question, or, since you’re capable of turning a wrench...a face spanner is all you need to take off the end cap, and pop out the baffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    The SilencerCo Omega 9k is still a very capable PCC silencer. Great suppression is a compact size.
    Yeah, that and a tri-lug is hard to beat. Love mine.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If I were to buy a R9[emoji769] 9MM SOUND SUPPRESSOR could I mount it to a Glock with a threaded barrel using the NIELSEN BOOSTER ASSEMBLY, and make it QD on the PCC using the KURZ KITS?
    Yes to all.

Site Supporter
    The main reason I wanted the Octane over the Omega is the user serviceability. I can see the reason for makers to push for sealed cans with how derpy some folks can be, and even when one is careful I'm sure POI will shift somewhat after you put a stack of baffles back together. But that's not much of a concern with an SMG.

Those of you with Omegas, what's your use and round count like? What mount are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    It works...well. Not sure what else to say about it.
    Cleaning isn’t something I have ever done, or seen done. They use an asymmetric baffle stack, and as such Bowers doesn’t recommend popping them open without a good reason, and if you ever put enough rounds through one to clog it with...whatever is in that Russian ammo...I suspect they would recommend sending it in for cleaning - I would email them about that particular question, or, since you’re capable of turning a wrench...a face spanner is all you need to take off the end cap, and pop out the baffles.
    Sounds like it's not much of a step up over the CAC-9 that I tried years ago. The performance was very underwhelming. The owner had expressed his disappointment to Bowers, and the CAC-9 owner summarized the response from Bowers as 'its a cheap ass can, what did you expect?
    Well, hearing safe with 9mm subs on an outdoor range with a 10+in barrel would be nice, if one's going to bother with all the damn paperwork. Especially for a can that size.

@JRB

I’ve put a few rounds through the Vers9 on a sub gun, and it was impressive. That reply from Bowers isn’t the least in-line with what my experience and that of a friend have been...at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Those of you with Omegas, what's your use and round count like? What mount are you using?
    I have no idea of round count but a lot of machine gun and PCC use over the years as a demo model. Still sounds good, actually better than new. I prefer, and use, a 3 lug mount. Ammunition is usually American Eagle 147 ball because I’m cheap, it works and subsonic.

User Tag List