Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Herron 2 day practical shooting class 2/15-2/16 McHenry, IL

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    No, come as you are. That is the best way. Tim's class is uniquely structured so all skill levels can benefit. He really gives you the tools, gives you the instruction and you work in your pace for how you take said instruction. He keeps class size manageable so you get enough individual attention to adjust your unique needs for improvement.

That being said a solid understanding of the rules of USPSA and impeccable gun safety are a must. In addition having good gear is a must. You really don't want to wast your money fighting gear and set ups that don't sever you and end up becoming a distraction. I think this goes for any class though. Your skill level will improve dramatically.

Long story short, if you can keep the gun down range and your finger off the trigger when not on target you are good to go.
    Great thanks.

Since 2017, I've been using my G19.5, CR Speed Belt, BSPS D/OH with a BT shell, and a set of Ghost Pouches. Most of my problems seem to center around speed (lack of), hitting no shoots or the Mike guy (this is bad, I know), doing stupid things (like missing targets completely due to miscounting (also bad)), and dropping points on second shots (mostly low and right on second shot). So far, I've avoided shooting myself or my RO, and have had no trips to Dairy Queen, knock on wood.

But thanks again, I'll keep looking for an opportunity to travel to take Tim's class, it looks like a very good match for me.

Appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Great thanks.

Since 2017, I've been using my G19.5, CR Speed Belt, BSPS D/OH with a BT shell, and a set of Ghost Pouches. Most of my problems seem to center around speed (lack of), hitting no shoots or the Mike guy (this is bad, I know), doing stupid things (like missing targets completely due to miscounting (also bad)), and dropping points on second shots (mostly low and right on second shot). So far, I've avoided shooting myself or my RO, and have had no trips to Dairy Queen, knock on wood.

But thanks again, I'll keep looking for an opportunity to travel to take Tim's class, it looks like a very good match for me.

Appreciate the feedback.
    From what you described I think it is a good fit. Without seeing, sound like a lot of grip / trigger / sight picture issues and Tim spend a good chunk on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    From what you described I think it is a good fit. Without seeing, sound like a lot of grip / trigger / sight picture issues and Tim spend a good chunk on this.
    Yep.

"grip / trigger / sight picture" is the focus of my fall 2020 training.

(Well you could say it should be "the" focus of any training lol, but "for me", I think I've figured out by this point "how the game works", safely, and now I need to address my shortcomings (which are legion, I am confident.)

Thanks again for the back and forth, I genuinely appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch.

I'm a beginner USPSA shooter with only 10 matches lifetime, and still in D class (36%) in Production. Based on what I heard Tim describe as his class approach, and coaching, I was thinking I'd get a lot out of it. Do you think I'd need to be more advanced though as a shooter? As a relative newcomer to USPSA should I wait a bit do ya'll think?
    No. Go now, the sooner the better. In the class I went to we had a whole smattering of C class and under shooters who improved a ton. Myself included as well as, at the time, I was 54% in Production. I’m now 66% in Production as of this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    No. Go now, the sooner the better. In the class I went to we had a whole smattering of C class and under shooters who improved a ton. Myself included as well as, at the time, I was 54% in Production. I’m now 66% in Production as of this past weekend.
    Thanks. I emailed Tim for some info about his class in Huntsville in late Oct.

Thanks. I emailed Tim for some info about his class in Huntsville in late Oct.
    If you go, tell him Zach from MI says “Hi”.

Good AAR. I did my best to go work with Tim when he was still in KC but was never able to work out a time. He's on my shortlist of people to train with though especially because he's a single stack guy.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Tim used to compete at my local club matches. I vetted him from a far before sending my 13 year old son to his “mini clinic” class in 2018. The class was a practice/ squad together at an actual match/ post practice arrangement. I really liked his skill as an instructor. He is also enthusiastic which is extremely important to me.

The class was a mix of A - D class shooters.

I wish Tim was still local to me.

User Tag List