Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-HB961 Suppressor Quest

Post-HB961 Suppressor Quest

HB961 has died and I can no longer put off these damn suppressor purchases I've been needing to make!

I have a .300 BO (9") and some 5.56 rifles I'd like to suppress. Recognizing there are many great options out there. I'm looking for the greatest longevity, sound suppression, cross compatibility, and lightest weight (in that order). Here is what I'm thinking:

9" .300 BO
    • Dead Air Sandman S
    • Some new and better hotness?

• YHM Turbo K (Key Mo compatible?)
    • Dead Air Sandman S (one and done)
    • Dead Air Sandman K
    • Surefire G2 RC-2 (would use dedicated on an SBR)
    • Again, the latest and greatest hotness?

Yes lots of threads on the same subject. It seems like suppressor technology is changing on a monthly basis and I certainly want to be on the forefront of what's the cream of the crop today.

I half think I could just get a Sandman S and swap between everything but 5.56 is my main bag and I think I'd like a dedicated 5.56 can. The YHM is so inexpensive, it's kinda hard to pass by.

What say you NFA brain trust?

I’d prolly get a Vox S (both lighter and tougher than the Sandman, but with universal mount) and the Turbo K.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    My needs/constraints were a bit different than yours, but I ultimately decided on the Energetic Vox S. It seemed to have a lot of flexibility mount-wise, was overbuilt for my needs, and pretty quiet (especially with subs and the wipe).

https://energeticarms.com/vox-centerfire-silencer/

Rating: 7.62mm / .30cal bore
    5.56mm / 308WIN / 300BLK Full Auto
    300WM / 300RUM
    No barrel length restrictions

ETA: LL beat me to it. I was typing and talking to SWMBO.

Chris

Impulse bought a Vox S. The NASA material was a deciding factor... yes I nerd out about shit like that.

Already got a PM into my friendly neighborhood suppressor slinger… thanks for the recommendation guys! Thinking I'll throw in the Turbo K as well, hard to beat the price there.

It's sad that none of my .22s are suppressible (currently).

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Already got a PM into my friendly neighborhood suppressor slinger… thanks for the recommendation guys! Thinking I'll throw in the Turbo K as well, hard to beat the price there.

It's sad that none of my .22s are suppressible (currently).
    Sounds like an excuse to get more .22s.

I need to get a few more cans... One you start you can't stop... I don't even have one in hand but I need more...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    HB961 has died and I can no longer put off these damn suppressor purchases I've been needing to make!

I have a .300 BO (9") and some 5.56 rifles I'd like to suppress. Recognizing there are many great options out there. I'm looking for the greatest longevity, sound suppression, cross compatibility, and lightest weight (in that order). Here is what I'm thinking:

9" .300 BO
    • Dead Air Sandman S
    • Some new and better hotness?

• YHM Turbo K (Key Mo compatible?)
    • Dead Air Sandman S (one and done)
    • Dead Air Sandman K
    • Surefire G2 RC-2 (would use dedicated on an SBR)
    • Again, the latest and greatest hotness?

Yes lots of threads on the same subject. It seems like suppressor technology is changing on a monthly basis and I certainly want to be on the forefront of what's the cream of the crop today.

I half think I could just get a Sandman S and swap between everything but 5.56 is my main bag and I think I'd like a dedicated 5.56 can. The YHM is so inexpensive, it's kinda hard to pass by.

What say you NFA brain trust?
    I have a YHM Turbo K in NFA jail. Did a test fit in store with the Keymo adaptor I use in my Omega before purchasing the Turbo K. Keymo adaptor and mount fits the Turbo K just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d prolly get a Vox S (both lighter and tougher than the Sandman, but with universal mount) and the Turbo K.

They’re utilizing some questionable marketing claims, at least.

You don’t get lighter *and* stronger at high temperature *and* resistant to abrasion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post

You don’t get lighter *and* stronger at high temperature *and* resistant to abrasion, etc.
    If you’re using a different material, why not? Serious question.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post

You can, via different materials but it would normally cost more.

User Tag List