Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Post-HB961 Suppressor Quest

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    FYI, out of jail about 4.5 months.
    I hate you. I'm at 5 months and counting.

Did you use a trust or individual?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I hate you. I'm at 5 months and counting.

Did you use a trust or individual?

Chris
    Cmon, I’m not a bad guy! I went individual. Are you on a trust?

ETA: the vendor told me they thought it may be closer to October so I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

EuroDriver on M4C posted a photo of several Form4s he got approved within four months as well. I’m hoping this is part of a long term trend. ATF only cashed my check about a month ago. I’d be psyched to only have to wait another three months instead of another six.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Cmon, I’m not a bad guy! I went individual. Are you on a trust?

ETA: the vendor told me they thought it may be closer to October so I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
    Trust, which is probably why it's taking longer.

I'm hoping I have it in time for hunting season.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve got a Vox K on an 8.5” .300BO. I’ve only shot it with subs. I would probably want the Vox S for 11.5” 556 duty and I’ve got both cans.
    Am I reading this right that you prefer the Vox K on the short .300BO? Or is that just where they landed? I'm looking to pick one up for a 7" rifle and trying to decide whether the better performance of the S is worth the extra length/weight.

Site Supporter
    Woohoo! My Vox S is out of jail and in my safe!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by kedminster View Post
    @kedminster

Ideally I would like to find a (commercial) neutral 3rd party to conduct the SOCOM/SURG firing cycle tests and subsequent baffle evaluation rather than us do it. Just adds another layer of validity that way. Let me see who I can track down.
    @kedminster

This might be late, but these independent labs do ballistic testing. Not sure if they can help you but they test things like ballistic vests to see if they meet NIJ standards for different manufacturers. I was looking for HP White Labs info and learned they closed this year.

https://www.nts.com/location/belcamp-md/

https://www.nts.com/location/wichita-ks/

http://www.oregonbl.com/site/
    Last edited by DamonL; 08-24-2020 at 10:08 AM.

I've had my Turbo k out of jail for almost 2 months now. So far, I love it! Good performance on a 16" rifle. The QD system works well.

My 16" rifle had a "medium" profile barrel, 2.5-10 NXS, and offset rds. With the can it's pushing 10lbs, which sucks for running and gunning. This has motivated me to build up a 12.5 for a lighter weight and more swingable stick.

The can disease has fully bit me though. Now I really want a lighter duty, larger bore and larger volume can. The Lux and Nomad TI have my attention. The Turbo K has convinced me I don't want to own a 16+oz can.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I've had my Turbo k out of jail for almost 2 months now. So far, I love it! Good performance on a 16" rifle. The QD system works well.

My 16" rifle had a "medium" profile barrel, 2.5-10 NXS, and offset rds. With the can it's pushing 10lbs, which sucks for running and gunning. This has motivated me to build up a 12.5 for a lighter weight and more swingable stick.

The can disease has fully bit me though. Now I really want a lighter duty, larger bore and larger volume can. The Lux and Nomad TI have my attention. The Turbo K has convinced me I don't want to own a 16+oz can.
    I like my turbo k so much I just put another on lay away.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I like my turbo k so much I just put another on lay away.
    Ha! I've actually considered picking up a standard Turbo so I'd have the option to swap short for long when needed.

But I also want a 6ARC or 6.5G hunting rig... Decisions decisions.

User Tag List