Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-HB961 Suppressor Quest

Bumping this thread because I'm interested in a Vox.

@kedminster

How has the Vox held up with high volumes of fire? I'm impressed with the information about yield strength, but I haven't been able to find any concrete information about baffle erosion or wear and tear after long periods of hard use. Being that the Vox is so new, I'm a little apprehensive because I don't know how well the material will hold up after years and years of use vs something like a DA Sandman or even a 17-4 stainless steel silencer. Could you provide some info regarding any testing that EA or a third party has done in this department?

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Bumping this thread because I'm interested in a Vox.

@kedminster

How has the Vox held up with high volumes of fire? I'm impressed with the information about yield strength, but I haven't been able to find any concrete information about baffle erosion or wear and tear after long periods of hard use. Being that the Vox is so new, I'm a little apprehensive because I don't know how well the material will hold up after years and years of use vs something like a DA Sandman or even a 17-4 stainless steel silencer. Could you provide some info regarding any testing that EA or a third party has done in this department?
    I appreciate your interest in the Vox. The hot gas erosion wear characteristic of nitrided C300 is significantly greater than titanium and falls somewhere between 17-4SS and Inconel/Stellite. In designing the Vox we sought to optimize a balance of hard use and light weight. When you as about 'high volumes of fire' what are you considering for that? Cartridge, barrel length, fast semiauto/actual full auto? We have shot several prototype Vox silencers through 6x30rd (180rds total) 5.56 from a 10" barrel FA as fast as we could swap mags in an attempt to stress the baffles and welds. The baffles held up fine and we have used those for many demo shoots since then continuously racking up mileage and regularly inspecting them. We also have thousands of Vox out in the wild and have not yet had any reports or one come back due to excessive wear.

If you did end up eroding out the bore we would recore your silencer under warranty at no charge. Fortunately our patent pending serial ID ring makes that pretty simple and fast.

At the end of the day everything can be worn out with enough use or intent to run to destruction. If all you want to do is FA mag dumps in rapid succession or belt fed and just burn lots of ammo then maybe a heavier/larger inconel/Stellite can is a good value. If you want a lighter weight, yet still very robust, silencer then the Vox may be one to consider.

Karl Edminster
    Energetic Armament LLC

https://energeticarms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kedminster View Post
    I appreciate your interest in the Vox. The hot gas erosion wear characteristic of nitrided C300 is significantly greater than titanium and falls somewhere between 17-4SS and Inconel/Stellite. In designing the Vox we sought to optimize a balance of hard use and light weight. When you as about 'high volumes of fire' what are you considering for that? Cartridge, barrel length, fast semiauto/actual full auto? We have shot several prototype Vox silencers through 6x30rd (180rds total) 5.56 from a 10" barrel FA as fast as we could swap mags in an attempt to stress the baffles and welds. The baffles held up fine and we have used those for many demo shoots since then continuously racking up mileage and regularly inspecting them. We also have thousands of Vox out in the wild and have not yet had any reports or one come back due to excessive wear.

If you did end up eroding out the bore we would recore your silencer under warranty at no charge. Fortunately our patent pending serial ID ring makes that pretty simple and fast.

At the end of the day everything can be worn out with enough use or intent to run to destruction. If all you want to do is FA mag dumps in rapid succession or belt fed and just burn lots of ammo then maybe a heavier/larger inconel/Stellite can is a good value. If you want a lighter weight, yet still very robust, silencer then the Vox may be one to consider.
    Thank you for your quick response! My anticipated use for this can will be short barreled 5.56, 300 blackout, and .308. High volume of fire for me would probably be 2-3 day carbine classes, occasional semi auto mag dumps, but unfortunately no full auto. I was just wondering about the longevity (i.e. 5, 10, 20 years from now) since C300 is new to the silencer world and silencers are basically a lifetime purchase. I was fairly sure your can would hold up over the years based on previous posts, but I just wanted to ask what kind of testing you've done to verify that.

Looks like there will be a Vox in my future. Maybe when that stimulus check comes....

So what is everyone’s preferred mounting system for the modular cans? Q, KeyMo, ASR, something else? My current thinking is that I’d like to end up with a 5.56 can, a .30 cal can, and potentially a .45 cal can if I get into the PCC thing.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I like the Griffin taper mounts or if you need a QD, the Dead Air and the YHM mounts are my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    So what is everyone’s preferred mounting system for the modular cans? Q, KeyMo, ASR, something else? My current thinking is that I’d like to end up with a 5.56 can, a .30 cal can, and potentially a .45 cal can if I get into the PCC thing.
    I’m using a KeyMo adapter for my SiCo Omega. It’s solid and easy to use but it adds quite a bit of length to the can. I’m interested in trying Q’s Plan B on my Hybrid since it’s already long enough.

If I have a dead air flash hider will I need the key mo adapter as well to attach a vox s?

Stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    If I have a dead air flash hider will I need the key mo adapter as well to attach a vox s?

Stupid question
    Yes. Check with @Hansohn Brothers for the best price.
    #RESIST

Has anyone tried a Vox K on an 11.5” 5.56 AR and a Sig Rattler .300 blk? The idea of a single suppressor instead of multiple ones has me thinking.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Has anyone tried a Vox K on an 11.5” 5.56 AR and a Sig Rattler .300 blk? The idea of a single suppressor instead of multiple ones has me thinking.
    I’ve got a Vox K on an 8.5” .300BO. I’ve only shot it with subs. I would probably want the Vox S for 11.5” 556 duty and I’ve got both cans.
    #RESIST

User Tag List