Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Les Bauer BOSS

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Heck of a job interview.
    I think we can change this thread to "How wvincent spent all day on the Alchemy website and didn't really accomplish anything in the office"
    The upside is I came out at $3020.00 for exactly what I wanted in a classically styled 1911.
    My only sticking points now are gold bead or FO on the front, and classic or HRT cut slide stop.
    Get those two issues figured out, and I will be paying my deposit.
    Given the option, I will take a countersunk slide stop, even though I don't believe the standard design has ever caused me a problem. I have felt them move before but I don't put my finger along the frame anymore so I don't think I'm at risk of issues... but if I have the option for the countersink I'll take it.

People with more credibility than me swear by FO front sights and don't have any problems with them.

I have personally seen about half a dozen launch downrange and won't use them on anything I expect to rely on.

In a course I remember Ken Hackathon saying that the Gold bead was his personal favourite front sight. I have never tried one but good enough for the chief, good enough for me.

Heck of a job interview.
    I think we can change this thread to "How wvincent spent all day on the Alchemy website and didn't really accomplish anything in the office"
    The upside is I came out at $3020.00 for exactly what I wanted in a classically styled 1911.
    My only sticking points now are gold bead or FO on the front, and classic or HRT cut slide stop.
    $3k for what you want, in the 1911 world is a total win, FYI

eta: I just got the preliminary quote for my next build, and the smith told me to set aside at least $3200 for parts and labor. It will be a no-frills sleeper. The base pistol is not included

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    $3k for what you want, in the 1911 world is a total win, FYI

eta: I just got the preliminary quote for my next build, and the smith told me to set aside at least $3200 for parts and labor. It will be a no-frills sleeper. The base pistol is not included
    I could keep it down below $3000.00 if I don't take the hard chrome on the receiver. But, I'm a sucker for two tone 1911's, plus in my mind there may be some benefit to having that hard chrome vs bluing up against my sweaty body, not to mention showing less holster wear. I wanted the bluing on the slide because it will look decent after getting some wear on, and bluing is easily redone.

This is just a minimalist carry gun for me, with the reliability package built in. It's so retro, they don't even scallop the ejection port, which actually looks really nice to my eye.

You've done quite a few of these, is there anything of import that I am missing?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Heck of a job interview.
    Gold bead
    HRT Cut
    -

I’ll be joining you on the deposit list soon. @45dotACP should also join us. And 2020 can be the year P-F went Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Given the option, I will take a countersunk slide stop, even though I don't believe the standard design has ever caused me a problem. I have felt them move before but I don't put my finger along the frame anymore so I don't think I'm at risk of issues... but if I have the option for the countersink I'll take it.
    Ejection port?

I’ve almost fully retrained myself to have that high, hard, finger register. But I occasionally catch myself on the slide stop.

Site Supporter
    A classically styled 1911 government model with walnut grips is real hard to beat.

And I have kinda been wanting to get another 5" 9mm

I'll need to get a few drinks in me and get back to you all.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Gold bead
    HRT Cut
    -

I’ll be joining you on the deposit list soon. @45dotACP should also join us. And 2020 can be the year P-F went Prime.
    @45dotACP, @RevolverRob
    Name:  get in.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  55.3 KB
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

But, I'm a sucker for two tone 1911's, plus in my mind there may be some benefit to having that hard chrome vs bluing up against my sweaty body, not to mention showing less holster wear. I wanted the bluing on the slide because it will look decent after getting some wear on, and bluing is easily redone.

You've done quite a few of these, is there anything of import that I am missing?
    Go all blue, and when you know everything is right, and you’ve worn it enough, send it out for chrome. This does three things. First it ensures the gun is right, BEFORE putting on a finish that’s difficult to reverse. Second, it spreads out the cost over a few years. Thirdly, you essentially get a new gun for a few hundred bucks, down the road

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post992027

Go all blue, and when you know everything is right, and you’ve worn it enough, send it out for chrome. This does three things. First it ensures the gun is right, BEFORE putting on a finish that’s difficult to reverse. Second, it spreads out the cost over a few years. Thirdly, you essentially get a new gun for a few hundred bucks, down the road

Ahhhhhh, yep!
    Thank you so very much. I honestly never even looked at it that way.
    And just like that, $2790.00

Site Supporter

I liked this post...but I also sorta hated it.

Dude, my wallet is gonna hate you tomorrow.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List