High checkered front strap @ 30 lpi
    Pistol tuned for total reliability
    Baer Premium Checkered grips
    Blued finish
    (2) 8-round premium magazines
    Name:  LB48440C.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  48.1 KB

I'll never own another Les Baer because 3 of my 4 didn't run well beyond the break in period, I had a ASYM 9mm round basically explode on me, called Les Baer and I too had the customary bullshit customer service experience. Hes an asshole and I'll never buy another gun from him myself.

Had a hard chromed Les Baer.... Remember, a fully hard chromed pistol does not break in like a steel or alloy pistol. It will stay as tight as it is on delivery for thousands of rounds!
    Even using abrasive compounds to try and get some of the "too" tight build to wear in did not work on mine.

It had to be fully cleaned after each and every use or the friction from the tight action combined with minimal carbon buildup would cause slow cycling and failures to feed.....

Ruined 3 plastic bushing wrenches trying to field strip..... This was true even when moving the slide out of battery to get an "Easier" rotation of the bushing.

Very accurate and able to run at least 2-4 boxes of typical range ammo (One full IDPA Match). Try to run a second match the next week without cleaning and you will learn FTF malfunction drills.

Please believe me as I am just advising caution regarding a very tight build with hard chrome added after fitting.

OP what state are you in ?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I have a Baer UTC that runs really well, but I don't recommend them just because I know enough people who've had a hard time with the customer service side that I don't want to set anyone up for headaches.

But I will say that my UTC runs like a top and I think it helped get me the editor job at the magazine I used to work for, because I was at the range one day with the publisher shortly after I'd met him and he had, along with a kel-tec sub-2k, several tester 1911s and asked for my opinion. I picked up one, shot a few mags through it, and said, "that one's okay, not great." I picked up another and shot a few mags and said "that one's pretty good."

He asked what I was looking at to tell the difference, and I pulled the UTC out of the 5-shot SME in my belt and shot his walking target that he'd been using the Sub-2K on. He'd put it out around 50 yards and I think it was maybe 3-4" steel plates on a caltrop-shaped kind of thing. I walked it around at 50, 8 for 8 out of my Baer, no problem. I think that moment was the moment that cemented me in his mind as a serious player and I think he offered me the job shortly afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    OP what state are you in ?
    South Dakota
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I'll never own another Les Baer because 3 of my 4 didn't run well beyond the break in period, I had a ASYM 9mm round basically explode on me, called Les Baer and I too had the customary bullshit customer service experience. Hes an asshole and I'll never buy another gun from him myself.
    Customer special ordered an SRP from my store and 250 rounds in , the rear sight was almost falling out. We guarantee what we sell, so we asked for a return label (on a gun we RECEIVED 8 days prior)... Were told “We don’t do that” and (after back and forth) ate the 2nd day shipping costs. Repair was free, but we ate the $55 in shipping. The fact that they won’t eat shipping when the screw up was a deal breaker. The fact that it was on a $3,000 Pistol is even more boggling (and the customer flat out said “I’m never buying one of these again”)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked at my logbook . Premier ll with 1916 rounds and a Boss with 3215 rounds . Never a malfunction.
    One squib that was just a primer, no powder . Bullet just fell out when I tipped the barrel up and rapped the butt with my hand .

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I have a Baer UTC that runs really well, but I don't recommend them just because I know enough people who've had a hard time with the customer service side that I don't want to set anyone up for headaches.

But I will say that my UTC runs like a top and I think it helped get me the editor job at the magazine I used to work for, because I was at the range one day with the publisher shortly after I'd met him and he had, along with a kel-tec sub-2k, several tester 1911s and asked for my opinion. I picked up one, shot a few mags through it, and said, "that one's okay, not great." I picked up another and shot a few mags and said "that one's pretty good."

He asked what I was looking at to tell the difference, and I pulled the UTC out of the 5-shot SME in my belt and shot his walking target that he'd been using the Sub-2K on. He'd put it out around 50 yards and I think it was maybe 3-4" steel plates on a caltrop-shaped kind of thing. I walked it around at 50, 8 for 8 out of my Baer, no problem. I think that moment was the moment that cemented me in his mind as a serious player and I think he offered me the job shortly afterwards.
    Heck of a job interview.
    I think we can change this thread to "How wvincent spent all day on the Alchemy website and didn't really accomplish anything in the office"
    The upside is I came out at $3020.00 for exactly what I wanted in a classically styled 1911.
    My only sticking points now are gold bead or FO on the front, and classic or HRT cut slide stop.
    Get those two issues figured out, and I will be paying my deposit.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Holy crap. Kirk is so laid back...if he got that pissed...that must have been one shitty customer service experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List