Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FN503 Single Stack

@HCM, I would take all this with a grain of salt and I am paraphrasing but words like, "management trash from the automotive industry" were used to describe new management along with, "genius financial decisions" such as selling a corporate building that was owned to lease a newer nicer building with upgraded furniture for oodles of cash because, "appearances" even though contracts are decided, "on your ability to provide to spec equipment in the quantities requested on time." Again, I am sure that things are more complicated than that and I am unsure as the the quality of the information or the level of connection he has. No clue as to what he is privy or not privy to so I would take all this as break room gossip.

Despite that the conversation was interesting and gives me pause. I would be leery of a company that hired management from the automotive industry, (as my view of that industries management is pretty poor), granted I am not in the industry and only have second and third hand information on how things work so I could have a false understanding. Although, given what we've all seen happen a short while back I think I am safe to say the automotive industry has had its issues just like any other sector. If I were king of a small kingdom such as FN USA I wouldn't be so quick to lie in bed with industry professionals who needed bailing due to what I consider to be mismanagement.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    6+1 in 2020?
    How can a company be so out of touch?

Same company that made FNX frames out of polymer that turns to playdoh in direct sunlight......

Apparently, it was a 2 min video and cited a release in next two weeks, who knows now? Maybe they decided to widen the magwell amd put in 4 or 5 more rounds- hopefully.

Vending Machine Operator
    Awwww yeah, all the lower-than-average capacity of the G43 with all the lack of reliable forward-moving product support of Canik. Slam. Dunk.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

This just appeared on my YouTube feed.

https://youtu.be/uaeNz7QVwyU

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    This just appeared on my YouTube feed.

https://youtu.be/uaeNz7QVwyU
    Not gonna sell at that price but has good features.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Seems odd that they release a subcompact before a 4.5 or 5” gun.

A lot of the YouTube personalities seem to like the 509 series but I don’t see anyone actually using one.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Seems odd that they release a subcompact before a 4.5 or 5” gun.

A lot of the YouTube personalities seem to like the 509 series but I don’t see anyone actually using one.
    The FN problem seems a bit similar to the Sig problem these days. I would actually bet the 509 is a good gun. I just don't trust FN to quality control their pistol line and/or keep it alive longer than 3 years without rolling out the "510" and leaving all the owners in the lurch like they did with the FNP and FNS.

Super bizarre since they make great long guns and stand behind them for ages.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    The FN problem seems a bit similar to the Sig problem these days. I would actually bet the 509 is a good gun. I just don't trust FN to quality control their pistol line and/or keep it alive longer than 3 years without rolling out the "510" and leaving all the owners in the lurch like they did with the FNP and FNS.

I would agree that the 509 is probably a good gun. But it needs some marketing help or something so that it stands out in a dealer case.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

My thoughts exactly. I really liked the 509 I played with, it FN’s habits meant I never really considered buying it.

User Tag List