Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Division Equipment Rules (Guns)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    i’d be glad to see pcc go. Revo seems like a legit handgun player in a handgun sport. I know a couple of the local revo shooters and they are nice people working hard to play the game best they can, or that’s my experience with them.

as far as resetting I try to pick up slack for older / less mobile shooters regardless of what they shoot. Maybe in future I’ll need that kind of help myself. Gonna do my best not to, but still. What goes around and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    In my experience, it’s the PCC guys that take the longest to run. They may shoot the stage faster, but the load and unload is longer.
    I’m totally and completely joking as to having both of those divisions splitting off. Around my area literally no one is shooting Revo. Almost everyone shooting PCC is Senior to Super Senior status and they do it mostly because arthritis is a thing and that’s mainly come from old age and/or shooting major for so much so many years.

Can’t tell tell you how many times I could say the same thing about GLOCK.

In our area, if you ask if I had to guess if a gun wold run, the first question would not be what kind of gun, but who is running and maintaining it.
    This. People who screw around with the internals and/or run shit ammo can make any gun fail, and people who make sure everything is properly squared away and run good ammo can make almost anything, including 1911s, run reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Getting through a 32 round field course with speedloaders? Bleh.
    No one who is even moderately serious about USPSA Revolver uses a six gun with speedloaders. They're all using 8 shooters with moonclips.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    No one who is even moderately serious about USPSA Revolver uses a six gun with speedloaders. They're all using 8 shooters with moonclips.
    I agree.

They're really not reloading much more than the single stack or 10 round groups.

Because of policy not more than eight shots in a target array. Allowing 8 Minor revolvers killed off the sixshooters overnight. Revolver is now like production, single stack, L10, Canada, California; shoot eight and reload on the move to the next setup. You just don't have a makeup, better hit that plate first try.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Once a new shooter gets over themselves, you eventually realize that USPSA is pretty fantastic with their equipment rules. You can show up with *almost* any gun and belt-mounted holster and mag setup and provided you aren't a danger to yourself or others, you'll get to shoot. You'll be in Open, and you won't win, but you'll shoot.

From there you can decide whether your "real world" and "tactical" needs still matter on a game range, which division you'd like to participate in over the long haul, and whether you want to adjust your equipment to fit said division.

Site Supporter
    True. I did kinda forget about the 8-shot minor guns.

So perhaps I'll amend my statement that IDPA is the only place where you can run a 6 shooter as a reasonable choice.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    In my experience, it’s the PCC guys that take the longest to run. They may shoot the stage faster, but the load and unload is longer.
    Not my experience with the PCC shooters I shoot with. Lock bolt back, put flag in your pocket, insert mag, release bolt. I have seen pistol shooters take up more time with their dry presses as they make ready.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I'm not advocating that revo be eliminated. If one person in the country wants to shoot it, have at it. That doesn't change the fact that as a viable way to compete, both it and L10 are dead.

Now L10 needs to be done away with. The people who live in ban states or in countries where mag capacity is restricted don't have (and don't need) Open 10 or Production/Carry Optics 10 to have a game. There's already ways to address compliance.
    Multiple jurisdictions now limit mags to ten rounds. That is likely to increase in the future, if not nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    ,,,Around my area literally no one is shooting Revo. Almost everyone shooting PCC is Senior to Super Senior status and they do it mostly because arthritis is a thing and that’s mainly come from old age and/or shooting major for so much so many years.
    So interesting how Division trends are regional. We have some high level shooters here, including one GM who travels internationally. He's truly talented at PCC, but would otherwise be a mid-B level shooter in the pistol divisions. There are a few older folks who shoot PCC, but Open, Single Stack, and Revo are where the Super Seniors go to play. I love squadding with most of those guys. They are experienced, upbeat, and supportive. Sometimes it's like having cheerleaders, except not hot and not girls.

I don't care how long people take to get ready to shoot or finish, as long as they are safe and help reset.

Gun reliability (or lack) shows a very strong pattern at the matches I've been to, regardless of location.

Glocks pretty much never fail, unless people try to make them into Open or Limited guns, or limp-wrist them while shooting minor PF ammo (usually kids or new female shooters).

CZs are also virtually 100% reliable unless people load their ammo wrong (COL too long), or fail to replace parts that constantly break in their .40 Limited CZs.

Sig 320s: super reliable, including later gen Sig Romeos.

Various polymer and metal carry-type guns can be very unreliable. It's hard to know why because it's usually newer shooters who don't return who bring these guns. I've noticed that the more "Unicorn" a gun is, the greater chance of it having issues.

Revolvers: lots of light strikes, and a few catastrophic failures that stopped the shooters match.

PCCs: malfunction all the time. As in people act surprised when they actually finish a stage without a malfunction. A few people have guns that seem to mostly run, until they don't. This division is a reliability nightmare.

2011s: malfunction quite a bit, despite people spending crazy money on them. There seems to be no correlation between cost and reliability.

1911s: Same as above.

Open 2011s: Same as above, except worse.

The frequency of malfunctions is approx. 45% PCC, 45% 1911/2011, and 10% other.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List