Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Division Equipment Rules (Guns)

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The good ones don't. Our GM Revo shooter is squared away. It's the other ones that take 2-3x the time to shoot, tie up the bay for several more minutes hunting for their moon clips, and don't paste because it takes them a half an hour to reload their clips. Get stuck on a squad with 2 or 3 of these dudes and dudettes, and it starts to feel like they need their own match. But you're right, it's not that big a deal.

e.g. Looking at some recent scores, one Revolver guy took 501.29s to shoot a match that took me 140s in Production.
    Revo and PCC should just be split off into their own matches. The PCC shooters will get done way faster than the revo shooters and therefore can just paste everything. The revo shooters can then just feel free to take forever, take the time to find all their moon clips, and not have to worry about pasting. And unless you’re Caleb, they’ll all be about the same age anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The good ones don't. Our GM Revo shooter is squared away. It's the other ones that take 2-3x the time to shoot, tie up the bay for several more minutes hunting for their moon clips, and don't paste because it takes them a half an hour to reload their clips. Get stuck on a squad with 2 or 3 of these dudes and dudettes, and it starts to feel like they need their own match. But you're right, it's not that big a deal.

e.g. Looking at some recent scores, one Revolver guy took 501.29s to shoot a match that took me 140s in Production.
    Not any worse than the 1911 shooters having malfunction after malfunction. I was on deck behind this dude a few months ago at a local match. BEEEEEP! BANG! Click! Tap Rack rack rack. BANG! Click!

*ducks and runs*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not any worse than the 1911 shooters having malfunction after malfunction. I was on deck behind this dude a few months ago at a local match. BEEEEEP! BANG! Click! Tap Rack rack rack. BANG! Click!

*ducks and runs*
    Well that, and they're all a thousand years old

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Well that, and they're all a thousand years old
    Hey I’m just kidding of course.

Lotsa guys I shoot with run 1911s. Mostly A or B Shooters. They are pretty nice looking, and very dialed in. This one time was the exception.

Site Supporter
    Hey I’m just kidding of course.

Lotsa guys I shoot with run 1911s. Mostly A or B Shooters. They are pretty nice looking, and very dialed in. This one time was the exception.
    Haha no worries man, there's only like ten single stack guys to worry about offending anyways [emoji23]

If you really want the internet to hate you then you need to say something bad about Sig 320s

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Revo and PCC should just be split off into their own matches. The PCC shooters will get done way faster than the revo shooters and therefore can just paste everything. The revo shooters can then just feel free to take forever, take the time to find all their moon clips, and not have to worry about pasting. And unless you’re Caleb, they’ll all be about the same age anyway.
    i’d be glad to see pcc go. Revo seems like a legit handgun player in a handgun sport. I know a couple of the local revo shooters and they are nice people working hard to play the game best they can, or that’s my experience with them.

as far as resetting I try to pick up slack for older / less mobile shooters regardless of what they shoot. Maybe in future I’ll need that kind of help myself. Gonna do my best not to, but still. What goes around and all that.

Don't care if PCC stays or goes. I pay no mind to them in the results since I'm only concerned how I do in division. Pretty much all the locals who shoot them have them debugged and run fine.

Site Supporter
    I am gonna do a hot take here and say that having a PCC, Revo and Lim10 division basically doesn't hurt anyone. Especially now that PCC is squared away.

That said, nobody takes USPSA Revo or PCC seriously. For PCC it's a rifle in a handgun game, and for Revolvers, I feel like the only sport where a wheelgun is an actual reasonable choice is probably IDPA.

Getting through a 32 round field course with speedloaders? Bleh.

One thing I've actually admired about IDPA is that they don't ever really have long stages so you can have like two or three speedloaders and what's in the gun and you're good.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    In my experience, it’s the PCC guys that take the longest to run. They may shoot the stage faster, but the load and unload is longer.

D
    Can’t tell tell you how many times I could say the same thing about GLOCK.

In our area, if you ask if I had to guess if a gun wold run, the first question would not be what kind of gun, but who is running and maintaining it.

User Tag List