Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Division Equipment Rules (Guns)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I thought Production was meant to be an entry and economy division, not an additional challenge and a high pressure specialty.
    Intent is for IDPA, though I agree with your points about magazines and most modifications.

In my cynical opinion, USPSA Production was put in to compete with IDPA SSP.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Yes, to a certain degree. Then Production USPSA guns arrived: Stock 2, 3, and Shadow 2 which are essentially Limited Minor guns. Then Carry Optics killed the whole Production thing as an idea to me. It is alive in places where 10rds mags limit is more apparent.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Production. I guess, I am still a timmy deep down inside and would prefer to have a real production (Let's call it Timmy) division.
    Last edited by cheby; 02-20-2020 at 08:21 PM.

I am not sure what we're discussing anymore, but since everyone is weighing in on the Production... I really wish I had quit shooting it sooner. I also wish that the price of playing with nice toys in the Limited was a bit less steep.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

And thank God Production pistol specifications didn't stay that way.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    suits my limited goals (see what I did there) fine, and I use the same gear for both except more mag carriers.

Good with me.
    I have a younger agile friend who made the choice to push Production instead of paying for the latest and greatest in Limited.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am not sure what we're discussing anymore, but since everyone is weighing in on the Production... I really wish I had quit shooting it sooner. I also wish that the price of playing with nice toys in the Limited was a bit less steep.
    You're right this is turning into 5 different threads. Since it's happening though...Why do wish you quit it sooner?

Do you think the nice toys are required? I shot limited a long time back and had a Brazos gun. It was about 3K back then which I thought was ridiculous. Now they are probably 5K. I was looking at it again recently and thinking if I did it again it would be with a CZ or probably the DWX. People seem to be able to do OK with the Tanfo's and they aren't that expensive.

Thats exactly why it was put in.

what's driving the move away from Production for you guys? What about it attracted you in the beginning and what is now leading you away from it?

User Tag List