Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Division Equipment Rules (Guns)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I have a gift certificate for Springer from one of last year's matches, but everything I hear about Henning baseplates makes me want to buy some.

I'd hate to go to the state match in May and get f-ed with mags that don't fit the gage.
    Springer bases are good. Maybe a few 1000s of filing on the rear top of mag to fit the gauge. No big deal. Henning are better but not that much better.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I am gonna do a hot take here and say that having a PCC, Revo and Lim10 division basically doesn't hurt anyone.
    As a shooter, it doesn't hurt me at all.

As a spectator it does leave me bummed out.

For example:

I do not like watching Shane Coley winning L10 Nats, especially when I know he lost out in Limited Nats earlier in the year to JJ. It would have been much more entertaining if he went head to head with Ben Stoeger in Production.

Also, in the upper echelons of the sport PCC should get dedicated PCC stage designs instead of being paired with Open.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    As a shooter, it doesn't hurt me at all.

As a spectator it does leave me bummed out.

For example:

I do not like watching Shane Coley winning L10 Nats, especially when I know he lost out in Limited Nats earlier in the year to JJ. It would have been much more entertaining if he went head to head with Ben Stoeger in Production.
    Gamers gonna game..........

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do the CZ OEM 19 round mags with the +2 extensions fit the 140 gauge?
    That’s actually a good question. I honestly have no idea and just assumed they would.

[QUOTE=Clusterfrack;997748]
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Unfortunately our club just LOVES to run 32+ round stages at least once or twice a match because we have so many bloody Limited, Open, PCC, and Carry Optics shooters. It’s really frustrating sometimes as a Production shooter when the stage is literally designed to shoot 10+ rounds from a single standing location to where I’m at an obvious disadvantage sitting there making standing reloads.

/QUOTE]

That sucks. Bad stage design regardless of division.
    It’s insanely annoying. This past weekend I shot a match that had a 36 round stage with a single array of 6 targets requiring 6 shots per target. No barriers, nothing fancy with movement, and not much opportunity to shoot on the move. In fact, after the first 12 rounds you can essentially shoot a few rounds on the move and then just post up and finish the stage. I did no less than 3 standing reloads to finish the stage because there was no better way to finish.

That’s actually a good question. I honestly have no idea and just assumed they would.
    I shot a P10F for a while last spring into early summer, and have a vague recollection that the OEM 19 and the OEM 19 with CZ Custom or Springer 140mm base pads fit the 140 gauge, but the OEM 19 with the MecGar +2 base pads ate too long. Verify this as it has been a while, and I sold my P10 and P09 pistols, so I can't easily check.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I did no less than 3 standing reloads to finish the stage because there was no better way to finish.
    Yep. Been there and done that. It's actually kind of funny because so many people try to shoehorn reloads into places that don't make sense, and end up taking more time for worse points. Crappy stand and deliver stages often require standing reloads for low cap divisions.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

If I couldn’t get 22+1 into my CO pistol, I would switch platforms. In a lot of our local matches, one extra standing reload can make a big difference in placement. A few extra rounds in the mag allows me to shoot more aggressively, especially on steel.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If I couldn’t get 22+1 into my CO pistol, I would switch platforms. In a lot of our local matches, one extra standing reload can make a big difference in placement. A few extra rounds in the mag allows me to shoot more aggressively, especially on steel.
    I'm not going to lose sleep over a one round delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I'm not going to lose sleep over a one round delta.
    Maybe not lose sleep, but my wife beat me at a match Saturday, when I came up one shot short on the last steel target on a stage!

User Tag List