Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Division Equipment Rules (Guns)

I don't think that the sport itself, as in people of it, has any illusions about L10. In regards to a specific potential match-up you alluded to, I don't think there is much illusion about as well. Shane shooting 343 alphas vs Ben's 403 for a gain of whole 3 seconds would not leave much to imagination if they both shot minor pf. I don't really think L10 dilutes the scene than much.

Personally I don't care if the organization goes after barely-there divisions. I am more concerned about them not doing anything about previously popular divisions that are starting to decline. I may have been still shooting Production if it were with 140 mm mags, but that's a different discussion.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am more concerned about them not doing anything about previously popular divisions that are starting to decline. I may have been still shooting Production if it were with 140 mm mags, but that's a different discussion.
    Agree about the decline. Production is nearly dead in my local matches. The state match is a different story, with P and CO sign ups about equal.

Personally, I'd rather USPSA had bumped Production and CO magazine capacity to 15 like IPSC instead of giving CO effectively 20+ and leaving Production at 10. In any event, reloads were not what drove me out of Production.

The people in ban states can download to 10, just like they do now for Open and Limited.

Production remains the biggest division in IPSC, by a pretty serious margin.

9mm is obviously part of that but I think the 15 as opposed to 10 mag cap really helps its appeal.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I like Production as it is. Local matches here don’t have as many Production shooters as before the new divisions. But some younger shooters with real talent are coming to Production here, so I think we’re ok. Level 2 and 3 matches have plenty of heat.

Bottom line, Production is a great game, and to me it’s the best division.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I like the added challenge of working reloads and the added layers of stage planing that production has over the high cap divisions. I also think that the lo cap divisions have more mental game involved. I don't like the idea of turning production in to another hoser division.

Locally all the divisions has been losing ground to CO and PCC, but it has not greatly changed the overall match placements among our regulars.

I don't see how allowing Production to have 140mm magazines, just like CO, hurts the game. That is unless, you think loading Production magazines to an artificial limit below their actual capacity to get to practice reloads is interesting. This would bring a number of shooters from Limited, that are now shooting Production guns in Limited but with 140mm mags, back to Production, and increase the viability of Production.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Production: Its not broke so don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Production: Its not broke so don't fix it.
    In AZ and MT, there are probably more single stack shooters than Production, and in local matches Production is dead.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In AZ and MT, there are probably more single stack shooters than Production, and in local matches Production is dead.
    In Texas it is very alive. I am at the bottom score of a long list of Production shooters monthly. Single stack shooters are limited here.

Additionally, its an excellent entrypoint for IDPA shooters who are switching over.

Respectfully, so, what? If shooters in your locale are shooting something else, then its irrelevant if there's one or two hundred production shooters.

I would strongly oppose high cap in Production. To me, Production is the most challenging division because it combines minor PF, low capacity, iron sights, and at least in theory a more challenging trigger.

Steel? Better go one for one.

Partials? Still need to shoot Alphas.

Makeup shots? Don’t do it unless you really need to.

CO is fun, but doesn’t speak to me the way Production does, because of the no bullshit challenges of this division.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't see how allowing Production to have 140mm magazines, just like CO, hurts the game. That is unless, you think loading Production magazines to an artificial limit below their actual capacity to get to practice reloads is interesting. This would bring a number of shooters from Limited, that are now shooting Production guns in Limited but with 140mm mags, back to Production, and increase the viability of Production.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List