Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Division Equipment Rules (Guns)

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I would strongly oppose high cap in Production. To me, Production is the most challenging division because it combines minor PF, low capacity, iron sights, and at least in theory a more challenging trigger.

Steel? Better go one for one.

Partials? Still need to shoot Alphas.

Makeup shots? Don’t do it unless you really need to.

CO is fun, but doesn’t speak to me the way Production does, because of the no bullshit challenges of this division.
    I wouldn't mind 15 rounds to make it the same as IPSC. Still probably 2 reloads per stage. Wouldn't be so much mag cleaning/fiddling between stages. I don't want 140mm though. I hate the equipment race BS. I don't want to have to think about what to file off my follower to eek in one more round. I have +0 base pads on my mags, but I like the idea that I can go buy a mag at a sporting goods store and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In AZ and MT, there are probably more single stack shooters than Production, and in local matches Production is dead.
    On the North East Coast, production is thriving and SS is dead.

There are different skills that become more important for different divisions. To me the most difficult division to be competitive is Open. Of course it easier to hit the target with the Open gun but that is not enough to be competitive. This might mean being more aggressive, more shooting on the move, less stopping. Trying to blend shooting positions together. The goal being to essentially be shooting constantly.
    Make up shots are still bad, sure you might come into a position with 8 pieces of steel and have 15+ rounds in the gun. But if you take 5 or 6 make up shots you're going to be way off the pace for the stage. The HHF's are going to be higher so the extra time you add taking make up shots is going to hurt more then loosing the same amount of time in a minor low cap division

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In AZ and MT, there are probably more single stack shooters than Production, and in local matches Production is dead.
    Our last match we had 10 Production shooters. By way of comparison, we had 9 Open, 7 Limited, 12 Carry Optics, 6 PCC, and 3 Single Stack shooters. That’s fairly representative of distribution around here. It’s obviously very HiCap heavy and some of the more questionable stage designs reflect the bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    L10 should go away.
    Just combine it and SS. Keep the 8rd major / 10 rd minor rule from SS to keep the choice of power factor not obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Just combine it and SS. Keep the 8rd major / 10 rd minor rule from SS to keep the choice of power factor not obvious.
    And include production as well. Call it Low Cap Iron Sight

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    And include production as well. Call it Low Cap Iron Sight
    No dude. Leave Production out of this. It works. No need to fix it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Yesterday weeknight indoor USPSA
    1 Open
    7 Limited
    1 Single stack
    4 Production
    1 Carry Optic. (Usually more)
    6 PCC. (Usually fewer.)

I thought Production was meant to be an entry and economy division, not an additional challenge and a high pressure specialty.
    I think standard capacity magazines would be reasonable, but not protruding 140s.
    I think that should be accompanied by backing off most of the modifications that have crept in.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    I wouldn't mind 15 rounds to make it the same as IPSC. Still probably 2 reloads per stage. Wouldn't be so much mag cleaning/fiddling between stages. I don't want 140mm though. I hate the equipment race BS. I don't want to have to think about what to file off my follower to eek in one more round. I have +0 base pads on my mags, but I like the idea that I can go buy a mag at a sporting goods store and use it.
    Agreed. Rename CO as Production Optics, 15 rounds for Prod and PO.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Yesterday weeknight indoor USPSA
    1 Open
    7 Limited
    1 Single stack
    4 Production
    1 Carry Optic. (Usually more)
    6 PCC. (Usually fewer.)

I thought Production was meant to be an entry and economy division, not an additional challenge and a high pressure specialty.
    I think standard capacity magazines would be reasonable, but not protruding 140s.
    I think that should be accompanied by backing off most of the modifications that have crept in.
    Interesting, my last match 19 of 49 shooters were in Production.

User Tag List